Joining a route part way through (595)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattW

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just bought a Zumo 595 and about to head off on a premed route (created in basecamp with start and end waypoints and intermediate shaping points).

Can anyone tell me if I can join the route from an intermediate point without the Zumo insisting I go through my initial start point?

pick a waypoint on the route after the start, as long as its not the end point, and go to that then carry on the route you have made.
Sorry just re read this, you only have 2 waypoints, just ride to the route and start from that point, and ignore or skip if it tries to send you back to the start, or last missed point.

If you have the route as a trip on the Garmin you can delete the waypoints previous to the one you are starting from so gps is not continuously trying to send you back where you have not been!

Yes, just join the route at any point you like. It would be no different to the old instruction of: "Please navigate to the highlighted route"

Of course if you then run the route from some indeterminate midway point and ask the device to take you to the start point, it will do just that, following roads in accordance with your settings' preferences.

Thanks all - just back from my ride - your advice worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom