Five or Six ?

DC

Reaction score
II currently have a Nav V, but 'm very close to purchasing the Nav V1 The only thing holding me off is some of the issues you guys are having .

Whats the main difference between them ?

Now you have splashed out on the V1 , is it really worth the change ? or do you wish you were still on the V ?

I'm asking myself the same question right now and the differences seem so small. The interface barely looks updated and still far older looking than the 595 interface that is now a few years old.

I am toying with the idea of mounting my Nav V on the handlebar bracket just to be used as a dashboard for the bike information and mounting either a 595 or Tomtom Rider 410 to the bar at the top.

No, it's not worth it. Both are a bag of shite. Get a TomTom.

No, it's not worth it. Both are a bag of shite. Get a TomTom.

I had a Rider 400 and it was pretty good. The live traffic works a lot better than on the Nav V and it seems they haven't improved it on the VI. It's not even as good as Garmin's own 2 year old 595.

I have a Nav V but when going on a trip always take my old 570 with me in case the Nav V let's me down. It doesn't always want to turn on when I need it and on a recent trip to France wouldn't even though I'd clipped it on the XR's nav mount. I kept pressing the on/off button as we rode along and it took until we'd cobpvered 80 miles before it came to life. I've always had a love/hate relationship with Garmin nav units but like the zooming function from the bike's handlebar thumb wheel

I have a Nav V but when going on a trip always take my old 570 with me in case the Nav V let's me down. It doesn't always want to turn on when I need it and on a recent trip to France wouldn't even though I'd clipped it on the XR's nav mount. I kept pressing the on/off button as we rode along and it took until we'd cobpvered 80 miles before it came to life. I've always had a love/hate relationship with Garmin nav units but like the zooming function from the bike's handlebar thumb wheel

They could have done so much more with the wheel integration and it does so little it seems like another missed opportunity.

Sigh...after my whinging I succumbed to the dark lord of new shiny devices and bought one lol.

Trying to find the dashboard that is transparent on the move though without much luck

Sigh...after my whinging I succumbed to the dark lord of new shiny devices and bought one lol.

Trying to find the dashboard that is transparent on the move though without much luck
Crikey , that was quick ! A few hours ago you were considering ? Hope it works fine down there

Crikey , that was quick ! A few hours ago you were considering ? Hope it works fine down there

Yeah I am very bad like that. The dealer had one left and they are 6 klms from me, it kept calling my name.

Not showing any maps for updates but I know the existing maps are out of date.

Back
Top Bottom