Maldon Queens Head Thursday 9th June

Lamble

Reaction score
I can't promise the black and white minstrel dancers again, although I'd be suprised if they'd be allowed anywhere else, being border stylee dancers...bit rad for Maldon!

7:30pm ish.

Those who didn't make it last time, or got lost, when you reach Maldon High Street, head down the road (Churches on the left hand side) look for signs for the Hythe, follow it down to the harbour.

:beerjug:

Hi Lamble,

Sorry I got to the Queens too late to witness you dancing last time!!

It's in my diary for the 9th and I intend to be there. Look foward to seeing you and the others again.

Martin.

Sorry, won't be able to make it as I will be mostly going round the Baltic!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Raising profile

Just a ploy to bring this back up the list: I did ask Judge via the moderator to include this under Regular Meetings, but to no avail.

Who is coming?

Re: Raising profile

Lamble said:
I did ask Judge via the moderator to include this under Regular Meetings, but to no avail.

Look at the top of the south east section when you enter it, and you'll find out who the moderator for the thread is ( C.T.F.T ) - it's not been judge for some time.

Re: Raising profile

Lamble said:
Just a ploy to bring this back up the list: I did ask Judge via the moderator to include this under Regular Meetings, but to no avail.

Who is coming?

I'm going to try to come as well. Never been to one of these
meetings before as I'm fairly new to GSing but as long as there are no weird initiation rituals I'll promise to come :p (and as long as it' not pissing down with rain)

What's on the agenda? :D

DoubleDee:beer:

Agenda!

dd1150A said:
as long as there are no weird initiation rituals I'll promise to come
What's on the agenda? :D

DoubleDee:beer:

The initiation took place when you paid for your GS, although you may find you have to buy crisps for everyone.

The agenda has only one motion: eat the crisps you've just bought, other than that it's a free for all.:D

Re: Re: Raising profile

Steptoe said:
Look at the top of the south east section when you enter it, and you'll find out who the moderator for the thread is ( C.T.F.T ) - it's not been judge for some time.

You will see that I said Via the moderator, and didn't go directly to Judge...it says I have too low a status or something similar to approach such exulted personages directly...tug of forelock and doff of cap.

Thanks for reminding us!

Will be there as long as plane is on time.....
I am landing at Heathrow at +/- 18.30 so probably won't make it till about 8.30 ish!

See you then!

Sadly now in Germany , bit annoyed as I'd spent hours on my own cross border welsh morris dancing oufit as the ones we borrowed last time chaffed a bit.

Stu

I'll be there if I can - driving home from Cornwall that day so I'll be in the car:(

It's not compulsory!

For those of you who missed the initial meet, don't worry about the Morris dancing bit, it's not compulsory, or even advised although I believe it is legal to black your face and hit each other with sticks, so long as no one wears a hoodie!

The forecast is excellent, so come along, come along, come along do, with a foll diddle dee, foll diddle roe.
And I venture to add a...nonny nonny no!

I'll try and make it tonight too. About 8pm I guess.

Colin.

Hi Lamble,

As long as the trains work ok I should be down there by 8ish.

Martin

Only just got home from work:rolleyes: Sorry I missed it, will try and make the next one:thumb

Maldon ...it's kickin'

Dear All,

Great to have an international contingent and a first hand report on driving a ferrari at Imola, plus the locals of course, even those who due to tales of their wife in underwear are seduced back home.

Once again the entertainment was provided, this time the morrismen (border faction) weren't there (probably jailed for lewd dancing in public), so a cruiser group were found, to regail us with their shiny chrome, pop poppin' exhausts and tassle twirlin' jackets...I know what you're thinking and yes it does all happen in Maldon, perhaps next month we can have the extravaganza of old man walks dog along quayside...wild crazy dreamer me.

One final thought goes out to Martin from Colchester who followed me back. That road is better in daylight and I only cooked that corner due to a helmet full of sneeze.

Thoughts on next months venue, if you wish to go elsewhere, otherwise, see you next time, same 2nd Thursday, same pub, same and some more faces...and the bloke and his dog.

Sorry Lamble -
Got home too late to make my way to Maldon.
Hope you had a good turn out and will do my best to see you next time again!
Thanks!

Guest speakers?

I'd like to get some sort of reason for the meet beyond the ride there and the people who attend. If I can get enough pre registered interest then I can ask Hien Gerrick or Cannons or some GS Bike adventure associated bods to come along, or is this too formal?

Thoughts please.

Lamble, don’t worry, you got away with it couldn’t see a thing except your tail light. Thought that night time view as we crossed Abberton reservoir was impressive, haven’t been in that area since the days or should I say nights of Guineas Court.

Back
Top Bottom