BMW Waypoints UK

2NaaN

Just in case you are out and about and want to know where your nearest dealer is :rolleyes:

If you find any mistakes please let me know.

Cheers

Attachments

• bmw.mps
    4.2 KB · Views: 116
Hey this is great -

If only i had bought the BMW branded version i could have all these for free!!!

Anyone know how to transfer the biker icon identifying the waypoints from the PC to the Garmin unit?.

Look forward to your response.

file format

What format are the BMW.MPS and CAFE.MPS files in? I've downloaded 'em ok, but can't open them... what programme should i have?

Many thanks

Will

Re: file format

willstatt said:
What format are the BMW.MPS and CAFE.MPS files in? I've downloaded 'em ok, but can't open them... what programme should i have?

I couldn't open the CAFE.MPS until I realised I needed to update the Mapsource program from 4.90 to 4.10 then it worked fine.

Both are are mapsource waypoint data files, but having said that it is a standard format. There are utilities available on the various GPS sites (look for geocaching) that will convert to other formats.

I have included a tab text delimited file of the BMW.MPS so you can import to another program.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• bmw.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 146
I guess you already have Mapsource installed?

They are saved as mps files and a simple double click should do the trick.

If not, right click and then select "open with" a selection of available options will apear and Mapsource should be selected

Best of luck

Swooper said:

Anyone know how to transfer the biker icon identifying the waypoints from the PC to the Garmin unit?.

I only noticed this icon when I upgraded the mapsource software to 4.10.

Not transferred it to the GPS unit yet, but I was hoping the icon would be transferred with it.

Thanks

Sorry, just realised that I don't have Mapsource installed here on my work PC, so a double click produced nothing..... doh!

I'll download again tnite at home!

Many thanks

Will

You have Mill garage in the wrong place , the one you have is the car garage ,the bike garage is next to the roundabout at the junction of the A 184 and B1298.
This is something that cropped up on holls last year when looking for a BMW dealer the Navigator will take you there ok but only to find that it 's a car dealership.
Not so clever.
KR

Kenny Rodkiss said:
You have Mill garage in the wrong place , the one you have is the car garage ,the bike garage is next to the roundabout at the junction of the A 184 and B1298.
This is something that cropped up on holls last year when looking for a BMW dealer the Navigator will take you there ok but only to find that it 's a car dealership.
Not so clever.
KR

Thought the car & 'bike dealerships were in the same place:

N54°56.524’ W01°27.924’

Attachments

• mill.gif
    mill.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 156
The Navigator only has the car garage as a BMW dealer and does not list the bike garage in it's database of BMW dealers.
I don't know if you can update the list of dealers or not?

Attachments

• mill 1and 2.mps
    277 bytes · Views: 36
Curiouser & Curiouser.......

Kenny Rodkiss said:
The Navigator only has the car garage as a BMW dealer and does not list the bike garage in it's database of BMW dealers.
I don't know if you can update the list of dealers or not?

My Navigator (purchased May 2002) shows the 'old' Mill Garage in Ryhope, which closed a good two years ago, when they relocated to the new site in Boldon.....

I'm sure if you give them a call on 0191 519 4455 they will confirm that there is only one Mill BMW dealership in the Sunderland area, selling cars, 'bikes & Mini's all on the one site @ Boldon....

The only reason I'm aware of the GPS co-ordinates shown above is 'cos I set Mill as a waypoint when I visited late last year.

According to BMW, updates to the dealer network info will be published 'periodically' as a downloadable amendment on the BMW Motorrad website.....but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence when quite a few of the dealer locations shown were out of date before the Navigator even went on sale....

Back
Top Bottom