2610, Bits of downloaded routes missing!

(RIP) Boxertools

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello chaps,
I'm off to France (to bag a few cols) on Thursday and have downloaded a number of routes from the pc to the 2610.
On the pc the routes are complete, but when downloaded to the gps, they seem to be disjointed, with gaps.
Does anyone know why?
Mike.

First thought is that if you got the routes from someone else then you need to right mouce click on them and recalculate them on your PC before uploading them to your unit.

Second thought is your firmware on the GPS unit is not upgraded to work with the version of mapsource city navigator that you are using to make the route or vice versa.

Third thought give Garmin a ring - they are very helpful and may be able to suggest something else.

My guess would be that your routes have too many waypoints. My SP3 only allows 50 waypoints per route. Any route with more than 50 gets "trunkated" when loading into the unit.
This happens, also, when you create a route using the "dot to dot" tool. Each dot seems to be counted as a waypoint.
If this is your problem, all you have to do is split the route into parts with less than 50 waypoints.

Another possibility is that one of your settings is set on "Direct". This will mean that the route will go from waypoint to waypoint as the crow flies.

OR...you haven't loaded the maps on the data card and it's running on the base maps.

Howard,
I had both symptoms. It did draw straight line between waypoints and it was only registering base maps.
One minute the maps were not there next they were.
Garmin told me to delete the maps & reload, and all was well.
At least I hope it it, as I am off on Thursday.
Alps, Ardeche, Tarn, Millau bridge, Carcausonne, Andora, Pyrenees, Lourdes, Eymet, Bilko's Boot Camp and home.

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom