DCT Stall

crotchrocket

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone's DCT stall going from a standstill? Happens infrequently, perhaps 4 times in the last 2000 miles. Did it this morning. Its annoying!

Not mine... It better not either as I have 100% faith in it not stalling...

Occasionally, I ride off from standstill while still mounting mine, so if it stalled I'd be in deep shit.

Why ride off like this ? :confused:

Because when on very uneven ground its the best way to mount and dismount.

Ride away like this can look good, when you get it right and when you're off road. Its very satisfying and flows nicely.

Its not easy, so when circumstances are appropriate, I practice at every opportunity.

Comment from my brother who’s been riding DCT Honda for several years:
“Two things to consider. Firstly, the DCT cannot disengage while moving unless the engine stalls and the DCT reverts to neutral for safety reasons. Secondly, you cannot engage the DCT while the side stand is down and the sensor sometimes gets knocked (usually when the bike has been dropped) and even when the side stand is raised the sensor sends the wrong message to DCT thus preventing the DCT being engaged.

I reckon this guys problem lies with the side stand sensor !”

Well he has to because he's a midget.

Camber and holes make you a midget as well, and on a fully loaded bike on it's side stand (off camber), it can be hard work getting it back vertical while still sat on it.

Much easier to get the bike upright, ride off and step up onto the bike while it's rolling.

So on uneven ground its a useful skill.

Camber and holes make you a midget as well, and on a fully loaded bike on it's side stand (off camber), it can be hard work getting it back vertical while still sat on it.

Much easier to get the bike upright, ride off and step up onto the bike while it's rolling.

So on uneven ground its a useful skill.

How many time have you been off-road on that AT - I’m assuming due to the repeat posting of pics, just the once :D

I step on as I move off and when I stop on my Airhead because it's tall and has no side stand - if the ground is uneven I don’t because I don’t stop or start when I’m the one in the hole, the wise rider stops so their feet are on the higher bits!

Back
Top Bottom