Newbie - Can I be in your gang please?

Twin Peaks

Hello all - after a few years of owning Triumphs (and various other bikes), I have finally crossed to the light side - by way of a 40th birthday celebration - and today picked up my new 1200GS.
I live in Kent, so can I be in your gang please? :)
I would post a piccie, but I haven't figured out how to yet.

Welcome to the madhouse Twin Peaks!

of course you can join in.....

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

Thats the lot.. getin bored now!

Bryn

Twin Peaks said:
Hello all - after a few years of owning Triumphs (and various other bikes), I have finally crossed to the light side - by way of a 40th birthday celebration - and today picked up my new 1200GS.
I live in Kent, so can I be in your gang please? :)
I would post a piccie, but I haven't figured out how to yet.

You're timing is good you'll find an assembled throng in the Plough Inn, Eynsford from 7.30-ish onwards tomorrow. You'll find the pub on the wrong side of the ford from where you'll be coming, or as you'll learn, the right side :D

Re: Re: Newbie - Can I be in your gang please?

judge said:
You're timing is good you'll find an assembled throng in the Plough Inn, Eynsford from 7.30-ish onwards tomorrow. You'll find the pub on the wrong side of the ford from where you'll be coming, or as you'll learn, the right side :D

Excellent. I could probably walk there from where i live, but what would be the point of that?!
Can't see me riding through the ford on my second day of ownership cos I might get my bike dirty - but it won't stay clean for long, so I'll give it a go next time.
See you there - guess I'd better bring enough pennies to get a round in :)
Oh, and don't be fooled into thinking I'm any kinda crumpet by the name - it's a very old nickname given way back before age, gravity and donuts set in :D
See you tomorrow - and thanks for the welcome and info.

Can't see me riding through the ford on my second day of ownership cos I might get my bike dirty

There is of course a dire and embarressing consequence if you turn up on your first visit without wet feet from going through the ford ;)

See you tommorrow Twin Peaks :D

Bill

twin peaks ford is good fun but not too fast last time i was up here water came in my visor thats a point never did get my mars bar:D

pics in the south east section and nice to meet you Twin Peaks...:)

Indeed....always nice to meet new faces and with her bike only 1 day old, I guess Twin Peaks must be about the newest Gser we've ever had at Eynsford :D

Nice to meet you all, and well done to Spanfly (frank) who came down from Chelmsford to join us on the off-road bimble on his 1200.....bloody good job Frank, your first off road and on tourences :thumb

Poor Nick had a problem with his 650 spewing up oil and water all over the Pilgrim's way (c'mon Speggo..get those pics off mate ;) ) and confessed it would have been easier taking the train :D (hey..his words not mine!!! ;) )

Thanks to the five for your company on the short circuit...Speggo, Shrek2,Nick and Spanfly....it was a nice little ride that I reckon we'll do next month as well for some more newbs.....that chute is much easier now and it's a nice tame introduction to off roading :thumb

Nice to meet you all too. I even went for a little ride afterwards, although I fail to see the difference between dipped beam and main beam (headlights are reasonably good though). Good job I don't do much night riding on unlit roads or I would be forced to spend lots of money on fogs.

I had a weird dream last night about being locked in a huge panier and taken off road as an introduction to gentle green lanes. Was quite enjoying it till the water started flooding in :eek:

Hope to see most of you again in 4 weeks.

I'm off on my hols tomorrow - so please don't think I'm ignoring you if you reply and I don't.

I had a weird dream last night about being locked in a huge panier and taken off road as an introduction to gentle green lanes. Was quite enjoying it till the water started flooding in

:eyebrow I wonder where all that came from?? :chuck

Enjoy yer hols and see you next month for the 'newbs off road circuit ride' ;)

Cheers
Bill

Back
Top Bottom