flies in my ears!!!

demito

Reaction score
Went for a good ride yesterday in the Ardennes with two fellow GSers and all of us suffered from flies in our ears when riding with open helmets.
You can actually feel them crawl in your ears but when taking of the lid I have never actually seen one fly away!
It drove us nuts!

This calls for a specific product development:
-Ear shells
-Silicone joint between face and helmet
-Ear friendly insect repellant
-A mini cameleon breed that fits your ears
-Mosquito net for helmets

Anyone?

Cheers

Too true demito. I've never heard anyone mention this before. THought it was just me. Of course wearing earplugs is not the solution, the little buggers (flies) buzz around in the space between ear and helmet and tickle like mad.
I've tried taping up the gap but it doesn't work.
Going to try sticking an earplug into the gap they get in through. Oh, maybe that's what Sch. meant..
BTW, using a BWM system 4

I've used an MX lid for some years & only suffered this once, when I wore sunglasses instead of goggles. I usually use a pair of Oakley O-Frames, fitted with a Quik-Strap & this blocks the hole around the lining which they can enter through.

Having the open front has definitely been better on the sunny days we've been having lately. I prefer the chin protection of an MX lid to pure open-faced though.

HTH,

Yes Gasman, a full shell earplug fills the whole of the ear bowl so there is nowhere for the little buggers to get in!

I used to get this problem loads back in my early days of biking it all stopped when I changed my yellow bike and yellow crash helmet. Maybe I looked less like a big flower to every passing insect. :)

You think it may have something to do with the helmet you wear.
I got one of those very nice, very snug leather lined Davida helmets and don't seem to suffer.:)

Maxi said:
You think it may have something to do with the helmet you wear.

Yes Definately......... wear a fullface... no problems :D

Back
Top Bottom