Bike Insurance for UK and International Travel

Jacko DXB

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company that can provide bike insurance to cover for international travel. I have just bought a GS 1200 and pick it up on 22nd June. I am planning to take my bike to Dubai in Sep on a Carnat de Passage and will need insurance in the UK and then in Dubai. Unfortunately, I can't get insurance from Dubai unless the bike is registered here!!!

Asked the usual suspects (BMW Insurance) and the stock answer was "computer says no".

Trying calling this branch of APlan - 01635 874646 and ask for Ross, if he cant help you he will try and point you in the right direction.

Micky, on one of his recent ‘m off tours, encountered an Australian couple touring the globe on an Australian registered (number plated, at least) bike. I assume they had arranged suitable insurance, at least for the EU. Micky has their details, as they may be able to help.

Failing that, ask one of the drivers of the many Middle Eastern plated exotic sports cars you’ll finding blasting around Kensington and Chelsea. They, I assume, have insurance. All you need is to do it in reverse of their arrangements, I guess.

Try also asking on http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/ Many of the correspondents to UKGSer struggle with (and moan about) insuring their bikes for use in the UK; so they’ll not be much help when it comes to distant lands, filled with terrorists.

Many of the correspondents to UKGSer struggle with (and moan about) insuring their bikes for use in the UK; so they’ll not be much help when it comes to distant lands, filled with terrorists

Or Croydon as it is referred to locally

Back
Top Bottom