Flash Tours Biking weekends

Yogi Bear

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've recently returned from some of the best biking roads I have ever experienced.

A weekend at 'Flash tours' in Melle (East of La Rochelle) has to be recommended to anyone who hasn't tried it.

The trip down from the ferry was good. But nothing compared to the roads Tony takes you on.

Excellent accomodation with beautiful food, and drink thrown in!

What more could you ask for when your Host takes you on the superb, twisty, unpotholed and traffic free roads.

What a thrashing my 1100Gs got and left me with a huge grin every day.

There were 11 of us on the trip and everyone would go back tommorrow given the opportunity.

:D

Attachments

• 28091946.jpg
    28091946.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 454
Now this was interesting....Yogi, by his own admission, is new to the motorcycling world and his 1100GS is his first bike (STOP PRESS: was his first bike, he's now sold it and got himself an 1100S). I would never have believed it. The guy's a total natural. OK he drives a car quickly as part of his profession, but there's a lot of stuff on a bike where knowing what to do in a car is really not going to help you. Coming over a blind crest to find the road cutting away to the right, downhill, into a 110 degree hairpin, on a tightening radius and an adverse camber requires some considerable input from the rider if he's not going to wipe out. All the skills required are biker skills, things that it's taken me (ahem) a number of years to get (almost) right. The guy just sails through. Lovely stuff. Of course he is Glaswegian, but a charming fellow for a' that :D

Norman needs my dosh ...

Do a search on 'author = flash' and I doubt you'll find many (any?) posts slagging off his biking weekends at the chateau.
http://www.flashtours.co.uk/
No connection, other than I've been for the last three years and loved all of the trips. I've taken mates there and they rave about the place too.
I gather that he only has a few vacancies for the rest of this year. They are on the 2-5 September event.
If you hate fine food, cracking roads, great company, and a lovely gaff please give it a wide berth.
For the rest of us with souls however, it's a must do.
I really shouldn't go back again so soon. .... should I? Quick; make a booking so I can stay at home and spend some more dosh with Nippy Norman instead!
Penf

Back
Top Bottom