Our TITS current situation update

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, an update ;)

Things are moving along nicely in some departments but stalled in others......

The team-

Sadly, Ken (Dahoum) is actually unable to make the trip so Jon has stepped up and is raring to go.......

Losing Ken though means we've lost a part of our medical team which is obviouosly potentially vital, so Jaq (Sgt Bilko's significantly better half ;) ) is going to be coming along.....I hope that doesn't upset the people she's jumped in the queue but I'm sure they will appreciate that with this expedition, medical support is vital.

KIT

Thanks to a certain Col. Fat Twat, we now have some of the essentials ticked off the list;

Jerry cans
Flares for each bike and support vehicles
Overalls......

Chris has kindly donated 30 German army fliying overalls...they're green at the moment but I'm speaking to the supplier and there's a chance they'll allow s to swap them for the Orange ones....these will be ideal as they're light but tough, have lots of pockets etc (much more useful than that sounds, trust me ;) ) and can be tweaked to suit desert conditions.

We have the two support vehicles, and progress is being made on them (if anyone fancies helping Steve with the spannering on those, please get in contact with him...there's all sorts of things that need doing and before the end of the year I can see all of us getting some hands on time with them)

We also have 7 scoots......all in excellent condition

Plus 11 road tyres and some spares.

And Helmets

WHAT WE NEED

If anyone can help with anything from the following list, please shout......

Bivvies/Tarps

Sleeping bags

Cooking stuff (propane burner, 20l ally pots sets etc etc)

Small light welding kit (gas? 12v electric??) For emergency suspension/vehicle welding, plus will be extremely welcome at the Hospital

and most importantly, we need 7 MORE HONDA C90's. plus as many spares as we can get our sticky hands on, in particular shocks, chains, batteries, etc etc.

If anyone has an old C90 stuck away in their shed, or knows of someone who has one, again, please shout out.

There are lots of other things we need but we'll be asking for those as we get closer.

The info documents are nearly ready as well....they're a priority I know but I've had some problems with them.

We also need to sort a weekend that we can all make and get together, a bit of team building (read drinking ;) ) and a bit of bike tweaking/support vehicle modding........

PLUS......

akk, sod it, I'll contact a few people drekkly about that bit ;)

'Nuff for now.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom