Berkshire Fords (and Byways) ride

Clive

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was recently reminded that the recce of Berskhire fords I did nearly a year ago was probably due a revisit.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26104

I was thinking I could drop the fords that are inaccessible and throw in some of the local GS friendly byways (shown somewhere in http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40026)
to make up a route that is (most probably given the recent dry spell) suitable for Fording and Offroading virgins :)

Possibly a bit short notice, but I have a spare Sunday coming up - 17th July - anyone interested ?

Me me me me!!!

putting bike back together on 16th, so need to give it a good thrashing:D

where and when?

:beerjug:

What a top day!!:thumb

9 hours, 200 miles, god knows how many fords and byways, and one broken clutch lever:rolleyes:

great fun, especially fording at Bramshill, it was 2 foot deep! Clive decided against it, the jessie!!;)

here's a picture of the wafter in action, can't remember where though

Attachments

• 17-7-05 clive fording.jpg
    17-7-05 clive fording.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 246
I left Clive at Reading, and made my way up to the Ridgeway, then along to Cholsey, up past Dorchester and over to Sutton Courtenay, where i went bywaying around the gravel pits, across to Marcham, another byway up to Besselsleigh, then another over to Cumnor, then across to Witney, where i tried another one out towards Minster Lovell and then a quick splash in Shilton ford.

cheers Clive, hopefully we can get a good number out next time.

Attachments

• 17-7-05 at shilton.jpg
    17-7-05 at shilton.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 213
Yep - a splendid morning's activity :beerjug:

Chris at the main Bucklebury ford

Attachments

• p7170001.jpg
    p7170001.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 209
Behind the A33 services

Attachments

• p7170002.jpg
    p7170002.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 210
The wider of the two Arborfield cross fords

Attachments

• p7170004.jpg
    p7170004.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 220
While checking out the Bramshill ford about 20 of the (over 50s :confused: ) cycling club turned up - one watched Chris cross (snigger) and decided he'd have a play.

Attachments

• p7170005.jpg
    p7170005.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 215
Chris on his way back again - too deep for the 1200 :rolleyes: , but I don't think it gets any lower :(

Attachments

• p7170006.jpg
    p7170006.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 212
I'll probably run the route again in a couple of weeks - this time on a Saturday (30th July), hopefully there will be fewer horse riders and dog walkers about.

If anyone is interested post a note here - also mention if you'd prefer a Saturday or Sunday.

definately up for the Saturday, there's a guy on the F650 site who wants to come along too.

same time and place?

carcher2k said:
definately up for the Saturday, there's a guy on the F650 site who wants to come along too.

same time and place?

Yep Newbury servies at 10am - similar route, although I'll probably leave out that RUPP where we had that "discussion" - too many dog walkers, and I'll add in Westleymill ford and byway.

Back
Top Bottom