T66 v Tourance

Steve Mills

Hello All

I've just made the transition from Michelin T66 to Tourances
'cause that's all they had. Problem is, it feels like the bike is going to fall over at every turn, I suppose a more technical description would be that they turn in very quickly. Is this normal, will I get used to it or are they crap!, anyone with similar experience?

Cheers

Steve

yes, you will find that the effort to turn in is much reduced

you will very soon become accustomes to this and the ability to corner with greater confidence

just do not go back to the T66 - you will probably crash as you drift wide into a hedge!

wessie said:
yes, you will find that the effort to turn in is much reduced

you will very soon become accustomes to this and the ability to corner with greater confidence

just do not go back to the T66 - you will probably crash as you drift wide into a hedge!

I fully concur with this. The Tourances turn in a lot quicker, as I found when I too switched from T66's.

I find them much better than the T66's, especially in the wet. Much more cornering ability with the Tourances.

Don't use T66's - downright scary in wet - wouldn't ride a GS on anything but Metz's either Tourance or End 4 .

Thanks for the input. OK I'm convinced after a few hundred more miles they do feel more sure footed than the T66's, and I must agree the T66's never inspired any confidence in the wet. But it is still a little disconcerting falling into bends rather than having to pull the bike over. Also I would say I'm getting a much better overall ride quality, the only way I can describe it is that the tyres feel softer, which I wouldn't have expected to feel through the bike. Are they a softer compound?, also anyone any idea why the bike falls into bends more, the Tourance profile looks very similar to the T66.

Thanks again

Steve

Back
Top Bottom