A41, A49, A458, A422 from Liverpool to Midlands

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Me and wifey had to go to Liverpool yesterday to visit the immigration office for Alena's authorisation to settle - which, by the way, she has been given so there's no getting rid of her now! Anyway I decided to give the motorways a miss as the M6 was sure to be hell heading south on a Friday evening so I took this route.

Crossed the Mersey to the Wirral using the Kingsway tunnel and picked up the M53 to Chester, the M53 was pretty clear but it was from Chester onwards where it became a really enjoyable ride. We took the A41 to Whitchurch and then the A49 to Shrewsbury, A458 Bridgnorth, A442 Kidderminster, A448 Bromsgrove then Redditch. We absolutely flew home and the A41, A49, A458 were a joy, mostly traffic free, no hold ups barring the odd tractor here and there. The A442 slowed us a little due to a couple of lorries and a caravan but in the main the roads were fast flowing, great countryside and some great bends to focus on. Bearing in mind we left Liverpool city just before 5pm we did the whole trip of 125 miles in about 2.5 hours including a petrol stop. Anytime I need to go to the NW I will definitely use this route from now on, no more M6 for us!

Yeah, good route. I've used it a few times but not as fast as you - the Truckstop always slows me down!

John

Back
Top Bottom