New Tyres

Adam

Reaction score
I have covered 16500 miles on my original tyres. Recently the tyres have been significantly mullered - probably due to the heat of the roads? Do I replace with the same? (Michelin T66X Radial) or can one of you suggest an alternative which lasts longer? Or I am being a bit too demanding of the tyres anyway and should they only last 10K? By the way my journeys are almost always the M20, M25, A13, and the North Circular - so no much hard cornering and no green laning - not yet anyway. Finally, any good recommendations on a good supplier/fitter in the Maidstone area? Thx :(

Adam said:
I have covered 16500 miles on my original tyres.
can one of you suggest an alternative which lasts longer?
should they only last 10K? (

Longer than 16500 miles? You're 'avin a giraffe mate.

8000 is considered long life.

Well well well, ignorance is bliss. The tyres on my Jeep must hold the record then - 120K - no bs! and I only changed them because my boss said he'd buy me new tyres! They were still legal - just! :confused:

'erm ...bike tyres don't last anywhere near as long as car/jeep tyres Adam - 16,500 is pretty good going...some sports bike owners I know get less than 2,000 per rear tyre..

I will therefore put all this down to good fortune with the mileage gained on the tyres. I am hoping that you as seasoned gsers may be able to recommend a good supplier/fitter local(ish) to me so that I can hope to change the tyres when the bikes' done 32K? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

Adam said:
I will therefore put all this down to good fortune with the mileage gained on the tyres.

More like its all the M-Way miles you do, i got a front tyre on an XJ900 to last 12000 miles as 80% of the miles where on m-ways

hi adam i always watling tyres in hastings he quoted me £170 for a pair of tourances fitted hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom