MS Office Assistant

MikeO

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Help!

Can anyone tell me how to de-select the paper clip shaped twat who keeps interrupting me when I'm writing a letter to ask 'Hey, are you writing a letter?'. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a 'Fuck off out of my life you little wiry Twat' option on the menu......

Also- how do I stop Word trying to change my dates (I type 25th Jan 03, and it tries to add 01 25, or something, to the end)?

Cheers

MikeO:)

Right click the Paper clip and choose Hide... AKA Fkoff

If your PC is trying to convert dates to US format have a look in Settings, Control Panel, Regional Options and make sure they are set to English UK and not English US

pclip.gif
pclip.gif
pclip.gif
pclip.gif

Was it shut up, twat?!!!!

OK Oughton you IT numpty first you have two unrelated problems, well actually they are related in that they are both related to piss-poor configuration. Serves you right for accepting default settings!!

OK to get rid of Mr Paper Clip click on the help menu and then select 'hide the office assistant'. Job one done.

To stop it trying to get you to use American date format off we go to the start menu, then select control panel, then Regional Settings, you'll find your locale is set to United States, use the pull-down menu to select United Kingdom, this should sort out your problems. Invoice in the post. :D

Blimey, didn't realise it was that simple! Cheers Paul & yer honour, your cheque, written in marmite, on a Tesco value bap, is in the post!

MikeO
IT numpty & not ashamed (200+ hrs internet time so far this month....:p )

Greg... someone has clicked on "Bollocks it up for you"!

Interesting... tonight no MSN, no Hotmail and the e-mail system is down.... now which of the above IT experts do I blame and who will fix it?

Dave.:D

Back
Top Bottom