System Pannier Heatshield Positioning.

ianf

Complete Member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these fitted that could post a piccy of where it should be fitted?

I thought it would be vertical at the very end of the pannier, but there's actually a bit cut out there to go around the indicator. Is it therefore run front to back at the side, or top of the pipe recess?

Ian, not sure if this of any help, as I fitted the shield to suit a Remus can, so it goes longways and somewhere in the middle of the pannier. I put it there because it's a tight fit between pannier and exhaust and the can has only about 0.25" clearance. I also ran a bead of Evo Stik around the edge of the shield which has, so far, stopped it unravelling. To date, I've never had any problems with heat damage to either the pannier or its contents.

HTH

Attachments

• pannier.jpg
    pannier.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 373
Ta.

I looked at the pictures in this thread and thought it might need to go behind the exhaust opening.

I'm just using an original can with the occasional flame-out-the back. So I'll stick it level with the can and back towards the melting spot in that pic. Primarily as insurance against turning up to Lahinch with melted pants.

Wear cotton instead of nylon, Ian - only be singed then :)

Yeah but!! ... anyway, that's all sorted now, M&S holdups don't have any latex in them :p

So, anyway .. your heatshield. Providing you have adequate clearance along the length of the silencer, the hottest point is always the exit point so go with your instinct and put it near the end of the pipe.

And wear cotton pants :)

Back
Top Bottom