Sunday 31st July Lakes Ride

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
FINAL POST

Hi all

looks like at least 4 bikes will be meeting at Lymm Services M6 ( The Truckstop ) outside Mc Donalds around 9.45am for a 10am ish depart.

Joe and Dave will be meeting earlier near SToke at the Little Chef close to the A34 roundabout over the A500. Time 8.45 for 9.00am depart.

Daz will be leaving home a bit later and chasing us all morning until he catches us up.

Not sure what the route is BUT should be exiting M6 at Jct 36 around 11am and then either heading to Bowness OR going to Newby Bridge and then trying to find some minor roads to take us to Nibthwaite and then follow the road that runs along the east side of Coniston. Not sure if we will try and do The Hardknott / Wrynose after that OR head east to Hawkshead and get the ferry across Windermere.

If anybody wants to meet along the way ( say Jct 36 ) then you can text me on *7973 22654* . To get my full mobile number then add a zero at the front and also at the end of that number.

If you intend to meet us at Lymm then post here or text me before 9am Sunday.

Cheers,

Ian

PS If anybody has a spare 15A blade fuse could u bring it tomorrow and i'll buy you a drink. Aux socket fuse has blown tonight and i haven't got a spare so no Sat Nav.

We went

5 bikes, 8 people. Newby Bridge Hotel for coffee, some single track lanes around Rusland area, 1 mile of off-road stuff (un-intentionally), 1 GSA showed just how tuff these bikes are, Coniston , Ambleside, Bowness and back via Newby Bridge.

Pleasant weather , pleasant scenery, pleasant friends and a bit of lovely grub.

Nobody took a camera so no silly group shots. Hurrah!

Cheers all:beerjug:

Ian

Re: We went

Rushy said:

Nobody took a camera so no silly group shots. Hurrah!

And I thought you were a group shot fan :p

:D :D

Re: Re: We went

Les Wassall said:
And I thought you were a group shot fan :p

:D :D
Didn't fancy a group photo with me standing on one leg, with a painful look on my face anyway:nono

Group Photo !!

Got a picture on my mobile, do not know how to get it to a PC.

Joe, you were on both feet at the time, not sure how.

Ma :nige lc

Back
Top Bottom