Great African GS Challenge

hi kevin,

i'll see you there. my sources at bmw reckon there will be about 300 riders. hopefully the roads will handle the traffic.
there were 100 at the last one, were you there?

Hi 't' no, didn't make the last one, but was very tempted, had other commitments, this year is a definate though! There may be more than 300 entries, the organisers may have to place a limit if too many enter. It's gonna be fun!

Kevin
R1200GS-WP

Great Africa GS Challenge

Hi CandyMan_ZA,

I am registered and looking forward to the Challenge. I think it is going to be great and also my very first one. I have been training riding off road and will attend Country Trax (MP) 2 week before the Challenge. That way my skill should help me as they will be fresh in my mind.

It is far for us to ride but around the corner for you, living in CT. I also see that there is only 13 days left before entries close. We also have GS 1200's and hope to ride the red route the whole trip but somehow think I will skip the Skill Challenge.

Great to see another South African on the UK-GSer site. Hopefully we meet at the challenge. :bounce1

FortyZA said:
Hi CandyMan_ZA,

I am registered and looking forward to the Challenge. I think it is going to be great and also my very first one. I have been training riding off road and will attend Country Trax (MP) 2 week before the Challenge. That way my skill should help me as they will be fresh in my mind.

It is far for us to ride but around the corner for you, living in CT. I also see that there is only 13 days left before entries close. We also have GS 1200's and hope to ride the red route the whole trip but somehow think I will skip the Skill Challenge.

Great to see another South African on the UK-GSer site. Hopefully we meet at the challenge. :bounce1

Howzit FortyZA
I may attempt the first and/or second day red routes but the third looks hectic, otherwise will play it safe and do the green route all 3 days ? Havn't decided yet :nono

safe riding to Loxton...

see you there :thumb

Kevin
R1200GS-WP

GAGSC photos

Hi, here are some thumbnails of pics I took at the challenge, they are small but it will give you guys an idea of what it was all about, I didn't take my camera on the 2nd and 3rd day's rides as it was just too risky. It was a super event, well organised by BMW, an awesome venue. And we got to see the HP2 in action :thumb If you have any questions, fire away! :mcgun

sheet_001.jpg

sheet_002.jpg

sheet_003.jpg

sheet_004.jpg

sheet_005.jpg

sheet_006.jpg

sheet_007.jpg

sheet_008.jpg

sheet_009.jpg

sheet_010.jpg

sheet_011.jpg

sheet_012.jpg