QPAC versions

RAM-man

depleted member !
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I want to throw this into the forum and get some feed back and thought ..
QPAC is available in three main versions,
QPAC01 - long bare wire end
QPAC02 - short lead and Plug
QPAC03 - long lead and Plug

.. I am thinking about these versions
QPAC04 (same as QPAC03 but with 'bendy' plug) for RT and 1200GS.

QPAC02-extn .. this will have a female socket to make into the QPAC02 plug with bare wire end and splashproof fuseholder.
*Thinking* this is a hard wire install for those who want to de-install when parking, so you can remove (hide everything) so just leaving only a wire poked under the seat and the U-bolt on the bike.

If there's a version we've missed, then let me know as it may be easy to adapt and include in the product line-up.

Thoughts are invited.

RAM-man

Having given this thought, we shall add to the QPAC versions.

QPAC has three main versions, each has either a 2.5mm or 3.5mm jack plug,
QPAC01 - long bare wire end
QPAC02 - short lead and Plug
QPAC03 - long lead and Plug

I accept there will be those who will add their own inline male/female connector to QPAC01, but for those not wanting the hassle, then QPAC02 is the version to go for.

In its present form QPAC02 is for the GSer with a dashboard plug. so can Quest + mount can easily be removed and stowed away. QPAC02-extn will have a female socket (to make an inline connection with QPAC02) and has a 1.5m bare wire end and splashproof fuseholder to enable a hard wire install for those who want to de-install when parked up and to hide everything away - just leaving only a wire poked under the seat and the U-bolt bracket on the bike.

QPAC04 will be another option - its same as QPAC03 but with 'bendable' plug that rotates thru 90 degrees for 1150RT and 1200GS.

These will appear in a few weeks.

I may ask for a 'local tester' again ?.

RAM-man

Bike Power Lead for 26xx/27xx - thoughts & input !

Having solicited thoughts which lead to QPAC, we are inviting comments and thoughts from those 'pondering' a 26xx or 27xx and will need a bike Power & Audio cable.

Michael (Pan European) has already provided an insight to the new 27xx and the mount kits remain the same.

Unlike QPAC, this should be a simpler design, though we can use still use the QPAC box to sandwich between the RAM GA9 cradle and diamond base, so to give a neater install, otherwise two lead power and audio could go into s splitter/coupler and you'll need to tie wrap along the handlebar/frame. A splashproof fuseholder (not spring loaded) for bare wire option, and female audio jack (2.5mm or 3.5mm issue again!).

The cable end can also be finished with a fused 12V power plug, same as QPAC options. So harwire isntall, P plug for GS1150, GS1200/RT etc which will migrate to other bike makes.

Any thoughts or observations are invited over the next coming week.

RAM-man :thumb

Steve just (hopefully constructive) comment.

Having purchased the Quest / qpac bundle last week (GPSW), the site is not clear as to the fact that there are different options for different connections (bare /bmw etc.)

When, having read your threads on here, I got up to speed on the various options, I THEN understood what I should have ordered.

Then I ordered the BMW plug long lead option (now recieved) with the intention of using the incorrect bare wire option to swap the quest to my trailee. Unfortunatly the second package (bmw socket) does not contain the ram mount, so I cannot put the Quest on my trailee until I order a further package!

I now know my way around the options (I think), but that's my point, you have to study threads and learn by trial & error - the gpsw site needs clearer 'idiot guides' for idiots like me who, to be honest, have better things to do.

Good kit, but not easy to buy!

Not a critism, hopefully constructive comment, and I'll need to organise a second ram mount when I get back from Princetown, and a V7 update from the Garmin site with a 'you will be on hold for 19 minutes message'! (not joking) :thumb

Riverking , I note your comments. The GPSW site is currently being updated and the QPAC detail was added to the existing site give some guidance to users and for an order point. I accept its not a perfect world. Their sales team know about QPAC and the options stocked. Using the search option on the site and typing QPAC will reveal the options.

I am not sure what you have, if you need my assistance then call me. A link on the banner will direct you to me.

Before making them, QPAC was opened to the Forum, so we gave user's more than "hobson's choice". In other words, more than just a pair of bare wires. QPAC itself gave choice, which gave options, which meant decisions and may cause confusion.

Thank you for the 'good kit' comment. QPAC and the RAM GA15 cradle combination has proven itself very quickly on the past few months. "I'll need to organise a second ram mount when I get back from Princetown" or buy a raffle ticket at Princetown- you may get lucky !.

RAM-man

Back
Top Bottom