Cooper Reading stopped selling bikes today

Pondboy

Reaction score
Moseyed into Cooper Reading today to find that they have terminated their bike sales operations but will continue to offer bike servicing. (Who knows for how long.)
NOG should benefit. PB

Pondboy said:
Moseyed into Cooper Reading today to find that they have terminated their bike sales operations but will continue to offer bike servicing. (Who knows for how long.)
NOG should benefit. PB

Not long I bet, not that my person has crossed their threshold of late anyway. Hopefully one, or more, of their service people will set up as an independent in Reading. The bike operation always had that 'poor relation' appearance, tucked away at the back there, although I believe that they sold a good few bikes. Bought mine off them a few years back, when Tim Angus was there.

Just playing hard to get

So it seems that Cooper Reading are just reshuffling things a bit.

The Receptionist was just keen to get my disreputable self out of her smart car showroom and knew FA. Cooper R. will resume bike sales shortly.
Eat your heart out NOG. :nod PB

Pondboy said:
The Receptionist was just keen to get my disreputable self out of her smart car showroom and knew FA.

She'll have to put up with you now - seems like everything other than bike sales is now dealt with at the car desks.

Just been in to Coopers to spend the princely sum of 51p on some crush washers, had to get them from the car parts bloke who knew nowt about bikes, which took some time, so they had to put up with a scruffy git in moth-eaten T-shirt and grubby shorts lurking in their pristine car showroom. Receptionist lass very cute mind!

Still selling bikes, but it is not clear if they are having some sort of temporary change to the bike dept, or if the new arrangement is permanent. Can't see the car people being too happy about grubby bikers though!

You go away on holiday and look what happens!

So what is going on? The sales office looks like it has just been left at the end of a normal day... spooky...

Thought it might happen...I bought my 1200GS from Tim and Andy but they never seemed happy at Cooper. I switched to NOG when things looked a little shaky and it appears to have been a good call. Somewhere in the back of the bike office is a load of BMW kit - S5 helmets etc - probably worth making an offer.

Received this response from Cooper Reading today after enquiring about status of bike sales.....

'Mr Glass,Cooper Reading has not stopped selling bikes as per the message on the website.We have lost our Sales Exec and our Manager is on holiday until next week.We have been endeavouring to cover the business with internal staff and apologies to any customers who have been inconvenienced.
Regards John Goodacre'

Bike has been booked in for a service, couple of weeks hence... I'll let you know what I find out... Hopefully good news as I want a decent dealer in Reading - and so convenient for the station...

Back
Top Bottom