Autoswitch

BawdyMonk

I'm trying to keep my dealer sweet, if I get him to do all the wiring a lá BMW but use different lights (probably Hella), can anybody see a problem?
I am assuming that BMW fit an autoswitch, is this right?

:confused:

IMHO

you are approaching this from the wrong angle, the dealer should be keeping YOU sweet, you're the customer with the money he's the one with the tied up stock,staff to pay,rent etc so talk to him and get him to realise he is not doing YOU a favour by relieving you of £9000+ of YOUR (bank/buliding society) money and then tempting you by all these extras. Also I am sure if you look around or know any of the HM forces technicians you will find someone to wire your bike just as competentally, maybe more so.
Didn't their used to be a saying 'The customer is always right'

I apologize for the ranting style.

Originally posted by lyjohn Also I am sure if you look around or know any of the HM forces technicians you will find someone to wire your bike just as competentally, maybe more so.
[/B]

aaah, the faith of the public in the technical ability of forces' techies.... Keep them the hell away from my bike:D

MikeO:)

BawdyMonk said:

I am assuming that BMW fit an autoswitch, is this right?

I can't imagine many dealers would fit an Autoswitch unless you supplied it. I would think that you'd get all sorts of "Oh, don't know about these Sir. It wouldn't be covered under our warranty..." etc etc. And I don't expect it'd work either!!

Greg

lyjohn said:
IMHO

you are approaching this from the wrong angle, the dealer should be keeping YOU sweet, you're the customer with the money he's the one with the tied up stock,staff to pay,rent etc so talk to him and get him to realise he is not doing YOU a favour by relieving you of £9000+ of YOUR (bank/buliding society) money and then tempting you by all these extras. Also I am sure if you look around or know any of the HM forces technicians you will find someone to wire your bike just as competentally, maybe more so.
Didn't their used to be a saying 'The customer is always right'

I apologize for the ranting style.

No problem with the ranting, but you haven't lived in Cyprus,I'm looking at about GB£12500 and the ONLY GS in the country is now in a boutique window display, waiting time for a test ride? "about 4 weeks" says it all I think!

I thought the techies idea was pretty good.. until I read Mikes reply...
:coold

Re: Re: Autoswitch

Greg Masters said:
I can't imagine many dealers would fit an Autoswitch unless you supplied it. I would think that you'd get all sorts of "Oh, don't know about these Sir. It wouldn't be covered under our warranty..." etc etc. And I don't expect it'd work either!!

Greg

Quite the contrary, they buy them from distributors, mark them up and charge you labor to install it. It's great business for them. And they get an opportunity to sell you lights too.

Then when you crash, you can buy replacement lights from them also.

If you are interested in buying an Autoswitch I encourage you to do so before the end of February. The manufacturer has announced a 40% increase in cost.

Re: Re: Re: Autoswitch

chuckh said:

If you are interested in buying an Autoswitch I encourage you to do so before the end of February. The manufacturer has announced a 40% increase in cost.
Thanks, I'll bend the plastic and order one next week
:beerjug:

Quite happy to come out and fit it for you FOC.
All you need to find is the return air fare and two weeks 5* accommodation?:D

chuckh said:
Quite the contrary, they buy them from distributors, mark them up and charge you labor to install it. It's great business for them. And they get an opportunity to sell you lights too.

Then when you crash, you can buy replacement lights from them also.

Actually have found that dealers in the US try and get you to go the Euro Switch route...Mine didn't even know what an AutoSwitch was...Dolts! Fitting it yourself isn't hard at all. I ordered mine from CycleGadgets.com (no offense Chuck) as they had excellent instructions for it and the install of my TerraNova with the 910's...

chuckh said:
Quite the contrary, they buy them from distributors, mark them up and charge you labor to install it

Chuck

If I'm wrong on this, then I'm delighted!

Greg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Autoswitch

arethustra said:
Actually have found that dealers in the US try and get you to go the Euro Switch route...Mine didn't even know what an AutoSwitch was...Dolts! Fitting it yourself isn't hard at all. I ordered mine from CycleGadgets.com (no offense Chuck) as they had excellent instructions for it and the install of my TerraNova with the 910's...

arethustra,

Not surprised when you factor that the dealers make 30-40% mark-up on all accessories.

A Euroswitch ($$$) sale helps pay the bills better.

No problem - Sean's a good guy.

To bad you bought a aluminum bar when you could have had a titanium light bar for $50 less. :(

You paid more for the 910s too. :( :(

Micatech auxiallary lights include our color installation instructions with easy to follow descriptions, diagrams and digital pictures of how to install all components.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Autoswitch

BawdyMonk said:
Thanks, I'll bend the plastic and order one next week
:beerjug:

We ordered 30 more on Wednesday at the current price.

We've sent several orders to the UK know, so the shipping process isn't a mystery.

Back
Top Bottom