Wheres this then

Nope. Somewhere Borders'y...the B702 from Selkirk to Moffat. What a sublime road, albeit we were there on a Thursday and it was very quiet, i imagine it gets busy Sat/Sun. You Scots folk have it all up there. Green with envy

That'll be St. Mary's Loch. Not far from my house. It does get more than it's fair share of power rangers at the weekend and often a bit of police presence, but during the week it's empty apart from the odd tractor! Did you buy a tartan tin of shortbread at Moffat? or perhaps a tin of Moffat Toffee? Did you even head to Moffat? Good alternative is to head for Tweedsmuir via Meggat dam and back round by Peebles. There aint much to see on the Moffat road beyond the Grey Mares Tail and even less to see in Moffat itself apart from 100,000 pensioners buying woolly jumpers.

Many thanks gents for answering the question.............

" Where shall I go for a ride next week, when I have got a week off work and could possibly dump the kids with my parents, and it's bound to be hot 'cos it's August " ?

Scarborough....Thirsk.....Scotch Corner ...A66.....M6.......A74......Moffat......Selkirk.......Jedburgh.....A68.......
Somehow over to Stockton on Tees.....Stokesly....Helmsley.....Home.....

350/400 miles ish

A grand day out.............eh?

Back
Top Bottom