Coloured co-ordinated Clutch fitting ?

~Stef~

Reaction score
Mates got a new clutch to fit to his 1100, need to know what all the coloured blobs on the plates mean. Are they balancing marks i.e. heavy points.

Those color marks are the heavy points on each component (flywheel, pressure plate, housing). They have to be installed such that they are offset by 120 degrees from each other for optimal balance. One problem your friend might have is trying to locate the washed-out mark on the flywheel.

Arbreacames said:
Those color marks are the heavy points on each component (flywheel, pressure plate, housing). They have to be installed such that they are offset by 120 degrees from each other for optimal balance. One problem your friend might have is trying to locate the washed-out mark on the flywheel.

Thanks, looks like this clucth replaments going to be even more fun than i thought, knew I should have volunteered to help :eek

Don't worry about it- just fit them -
each individual plate / cover is dynamicaly balanced, you'll see the bore marks on each item -

I've never matched/spaced them on any clutch i've ever done ( hundreds)
nor have any other people that fit them for a living, that i know of - ;)

Steptoe said:
Don't worry about it- just fit them -
each individual plate / cover is dynamicaly balanced, you'll see the bore marks on each item -

I've never matched/spaced them on any clutch i've ever done ( hundreds)
nor have any other people that fit them for a living, that i know of - ;)

That sounds more like it :thumb

Back
Top Bottom