Special Edition Adventure!

Lovey

Having plodded around on my F650gs for the last nine months I found myself wanting, particularly when riding with friends on their extremely powerful sports bikes. After much deliberation and prolonged negotiations with the wife (who incidently is 5 months pregnant with our first child) I persuaded her that I needed to upgrade to something a bit bigger.

I had a day down at Rydale cardiff where I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to test ride a number of machines including the 1200GS, K1200s and the 1150Gs Adv. Prior to this I has all intentions of purchasing the blindingly fast K1200R merely for it's awesome front end.

After just a few miles on the K1200s I realised that my licence and I would be sure to part company (hopefully there were no mobile speed camera's on the test route) and so I took it back, thankfull for the experience but realistic about the practicalities of riding such a bike on a daily basis.

I'm pleased to say that the Adventure was the last machine I rode during the day, taking it out for several hours and experimenting on a variety of roads. What a bike! I'd never had the pleasure of riding one before and couldn't believe how the enormous bike felt once you got it moving!

I promptly returned to the dealership where I placed my order the special edition model equipped with a set of alluminium panniers (the price of the latter almost causing me to fall from my chair).

Delivery is set for the 5th September when my motorcycling shall enter a new era and I will become a true Gs owner! No more shall I feel like a wanna be on my single cylinder chugger!

:clap

Lovey said:
Having plodded around on my F650gs for the last nine months I found myself wanting, particularly when riding with friends on their extremely powerful sports bikes. After much deliberation and prolonged negotiations with the wife (who incidently is 5 months pregnant with our first child) I persuaded her that I needed to upgrade to something a bit bigger.

I had a day down at Rydale cardiff where I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to test ride a number of machines including the 1200GS, K1200s and the 1150Gs Adv. Prior to this I has all intentions of purchasing the blindingly fast K1200R merely for it's awesome front end.

After just a few miles on the K1200s I realised that my licence and I would be sure to part company (hopefully there were no mobile speed camera's on the test route) and so I took it back, thankfull for the experience but realistic about the practicalities of riding such a bike on a daily basis.

I'm pleased to say that the Adventure was the last machine I rode during the day, taking it out for several hours and experimenting on a variety of roads. What a bike! I'd never had the pleasure of riding one before and couldn't believe how the enormous bike felt once you got it moving!

I promptly returned to the dealership where I placed my order the special edition model equipped with a set of alluminium panniers (the price of the latter almost causing me to fall from my chair).

Delivery is set for the 5th September when my motorcycling shall enter a new era and I will become a true Gs owner! No more shall I feel like a wanna be on my single cylinder chugger!

Congrats on the bike.......I too will get mine in later September, I think BMW are rowing them across the pond the amount of time it is taking (I ordered mine in May)

Welcome to the big boys' club

N

luke scott said:
Got mine on the 28/6/05 ( my wedding anniversary) after a two week wait :D . Only three available in Ireland :thumb :thumb

Hey Luke, got some pictures I can send to my dealer to prove they are launched, he tells me they are not in production yet?

Commuter said:
Hey Luke, got some pictures I can send to my dealer to prove they are launched, he tells me they are not in production yet?

email me your address to lscott@indigo.ie and I will send you the BMW pics that were sent to me by the marketing people. By the way your dealer is not telling you the truth :tosser . Put the words GS Adventure in the subject.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Commuter said:

Definitely in production and available, Nick
Saw the Ltd Edition Adv @ Garmisch BMW Festival in early July, in the flesh and Luke's got his.............

SPECIAL EDITION ADVENTURE

HI WAS THE TEST RIDE RECENTLY WOULD LIKE TO TRY AN ADVENTURE WAS THE DEMO ONE FOR SALE WHAT COLOR?THANKS.

STOP SHOUTING!

Boater, turn your volume down. :nono We're not all hard of hearing despite our ages.

Seen one of the ltd editions at CW in Dorchester. Very nice.

Skippy.

JohnnyBoxer said:
Definitely in production and available, Nick
Saw the Ltd Edition Adv @ Garmisch BMW Festival in early July, in the flesh and Luke's got his.............

an I got mine :D

BOATER said:
HI WAS THE TEST RIDE RECENTLY WOULD LIKE TO TRY AN ADVENTURE WAS THE DEMO ONE FOR SALE WHAT COLOR?THANKS.

Yes, the adventure that I took out on a test ride was for sale on a 53 plate however I called in to the dealership today and they were in the process of cleaning it for a prospective buyer. It's in black and yellow, fitted with ABS and heated grips, engine bars etc and in really good condition. They wanted the best part of £8000.00 for it though! May as well have a nice shiny new one!

Commuter said:
Congrats on the bike.......I too will get mine in later September, I think BMW are rowing them across the pond the amount of time it is taking (I ordered mine in May)

N

Thanks! Parted with my f65OGS this evening for a modest price so will be without bike till the new one arrives! It's got a chassis number so at least it's been built but BMW are known for occasionally keeping people waiting for their new bikes!

Must See

This is a must see, you will have to post on the 'show us yours 'when you get it look forward to seeing it in the real world. Have to say I fancy the colour scheme myself, its a pity the anniversary model GS has to be it's Nemisis. What ever follows with the Adventure name will have to be some bike.

The Baron :thumb

Ive got my SE too! I ordered it from Dan @ Prestige, in August, and it arrived last week. Ive found their service good, even rode it across the carpeted showroom floor, and off down the road, when I collected it!
FANTASTIC! a brilliant B road blaster, especially on the poorly surfaced roads around me.
Just finished running it in, with the first service booked next week. Im saving up for some of civils boxes, which look really nice. I looked hard at the 1200, but it just wasnt quite what I wanted from a GS.

Got my GS Adventure Special Edition ;-))))

I took delivery of GS Adventure SE three days ago, now nearing 400 miles. The panniers are a tad expensive, but you have to have the full monty! Pics at www.4sc.org.uk/gsa.htm. Note you'll need broadband if you intend to click the image for full size (3000x2000)
:bounce1

Lovey said:

Got mine on the 1st and it's getting it's first service on Friday . Argh Remus .

Commuter said:

N

Nick yours will be taking so long as BMW will be engineering all the litttttttle niggles and faults that will keep occupied for the forseeable future.

Cooper Reading seem to have one for sale with 350 miles for £9200.

Generally I find vehicles in white as desirable as a soiled toilet brush; but the SE is a matt white (rather than a glossy white) so I find it OK. :beer:

Lovey said:

Collected my SE from the Mill in Sunderland after its first service this morning , no charge at all , decided to buy a low seat so my feet can touch the ground , they were launching the HP2 so all the food and drink on the catering van they hired was free , so i stayed for my lunch as well . Are the spirit levels on the frame for off road bricky's ?

Back
Top Bottom