Attachments

• castle gate.jpg
    castle gate.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 132
Spot on...................

That's the place alright Bin Ridin..................... :thumb

Tuned..............think I was there a few days after you then??? :D

Hey Jockser

Where would I head to see the Rock of Dunamase????

Would'nt mind seeing it sometime.

Thanks............

Jimmy

:moped:

Jimmy, it's about 9 klix out of Portlaoise on the N80 heading towards Carlow. Was fishing around there last Easter, seemed to be quite a bit of excavation work going on then

Shannon Heritage

Aye Kinvara
I had a Group of 30 American Tourists at the Banquet in Dunguire Castle
Kinvara this season. Everything was going great. That was until the end of the Banquet , when "My" group , a
Globus group , and an insightVacations group were begining to leave , when the younger "Hired hands" started to mock the American accents and generally take a piss at the Guests. I immediately made it know that i was aware of what they were doing , and it stopped , i think.
I was totally gutted to see my Guests treated in this way. Is it any wonder the Tourist numbers are Dropping in this country.

Tales from the river bank..........

Hi Shuck.................thanks.................

There are loads of fish in the river here at home right now...............

Was watching a few being landed last night...............

Exciting stuff.......

Tight lines......

Hi Jimmy - its exactly where Shuck said :D

Coming from Portlaoise its on your left - go past the Rock & take a wee road to the left. Interesting spot. Also an old graveyard across the road, if you have a interest in that sort of thing ;)

If you get that far its only a couple of miles further to the round tower at Timahoe - one of the locations in the Photo Rally - just continue on into Stradbally & take a right at the square.

There isn't much in the way of facilities in Timahoe, so if you need sustinance (?) - of the non alcoholic variety :( - theres a good spot on left as you turn for Timahoe. Not the fanciest looking place but they do a decent brekkie & the lunches look like they'd satisfy a large farmer :D :D

Also some nice roads around there - to Castlecomer, Ballyraggett or Athy :thumb

If you're coming down some time let me know & I'll stick on the kettle or meet ya somewhere :D

Heres the Rock, followed by Timahoe Round Tower

Attachments

• Dunamase.jpg
    Dunamase.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Timahoe -July 8, 2005.jpg
    Timahoe -July 8, 2005.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 40
Jockser

Many thanks Sir.............

Might just do that sometime.................. :thumb