Best Route to Glasgow

RunningBear

Hi, Heading up North again this weekend :clap . Leaving on Saturday heading for Ardrishaig, then Skye and on to Fort Augustus for Sunday night and back home Monday.

Got most of the route sorted, but wondered which way you consider the best route to get North of Glasgow (A82) from Newcastle/Tynevalley.

Cheers

Tony

Avoid Glasgow and Loch Lomond.

Not that it's not a nice road, but you will enjoy going by going via Stirling and Callander much more.

Iain

Hi Iain,
Thanks for the reply.
Went upto Applecross 2 weeks ago, and went via Callander, excellent run and great roads. Just thought there might be a better way either going Hawick and keeping west or Dumfries then A76?

Cheers

Tony

re glasgow

nice roads up here in hawick,selkirk,edingburgh,then onwards to where ever takes your fancy watch out for the unmarked silver bmw car (police)hes on the a7 usually between hawick and selkirk and especially watch out for the belly buster breakfast at miss ellies at selkirk oops forgot to mention thats the cafe i run happy days

RunningBear said:
Hi Iain,
Thanks for the reply.
Went upto Applecross 2 weeks ago, and went via Callander, excellent run and great roads. Just thought there might be a better way either going Hawick and keeping west or Dumfries then A76?
Cheers
Tony

This would be the route I would choose using Dunoon ferry.
If you can't see file send me a pm.

Attachments

• Ardis.gdb
    84.4 KB · Views: 100
nice roads up here in hawick,selkirk,edingburgh,then onwards to where ever takes your fancy watch out for the unmarked silver bmw car (police)hes on the a7 usually between hawick and selkirk and especially watch out for the belly buster breakfast at miss ellies at selkirk oops forgot to mention thats the cafe i run happy days

Hi CutmoreJ, Thanks for that, there wouldn,t be an ulterior motive for guiding me up through Selkirk would there? :rolleyes: Cafe noted and next time up that way will call in for a cuppa and buttie

Metalman, Thanks for that route. Checked on Ferries and all looks good. Going to head up onto the Military Road first to avoid some of the A69 then follow your route up to Gourock

Cheers Guys

Tony

Back
Top Bottom