BOATS in Bucks

BillWright

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Decided to explore the Byways around Tring & Amersham on Friday. The OS map clearly shows the trails as Byways. Most of the signposts I found showed Bridle paths. Those still designated Byways were displaying no motor vehicle signs, only one displayed the Nov - April timeplate. It would appear a determined effort either by locals or the Council to deter their use. Has anyone had similar probs with Bucks?

I have recently downloaded a route from www.offroadroutes.com and planned to do some green laning from oxford to Chesham but got rained off. If ever you fancy some gentle green laning pm me and we could meet up for a blast.

Jon :)

I would do, but my PC won't let me PM you. Help...

I'd be up for this - let me know. 'Gentle' sounds like my kind of off-roading - I'm paranoid about dropping the bloody thing....

BillWright said:
I would do, but my PC won't let me PM you. Help...

It's not your PC, it's the BHT.

You need to be a sponsor to send PMs :dabone

You really need to check the correct legal status of the lanes before assuming that the OS map is right. You can check the local authority's Definitive Map, but I'm not sure how you go about doing this, cos I haven't got around to doing it myself yet! I'm sure the TRF could help with advice.

Im up for a run out as well if there is space.

Rgds

Jim

I'm up for the ride, but I just had a nail in the front and a screw in the rear tyre. Two new 020's are going on, courtesy of Larry at PDQ. Over £100 cheaper than BMW.
I wouldn't mind so much but I've only done 700 miles

BillWright said:
I'm up for the ride, but I just had a nail in the front and a screw in the rear tyre. Two new 020's are going on, courtesy of Larry at PDQ. Over £100 cheaper than BMW.
I wouldn't mind so much but I've only done 700 miles

You are going to off road on 020's :eek: :bow

Not deliberately no, I'll cheat and use my DRZ400

Me too

Errr, just registered today, but I'd love to come along as well. (Normal tyres)?

Anyone around late morning arly afternoon tomorrow, Monday. Two of us are going exploring on DRZ400's. Thinking of trying around the Ridgeway/Amersham area.

Back
Top Bottom