Thoughts On Next Ride Out

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

Summer is nearly over boys (albeit we'll hopefully get a good Autumn) so the lads who met at Glenshee yesterday got talking about our next wee Sojourn. Nothing definite about dates as yet but hopefully within the next 2 or 3 weeks...

...how does a trip to Oban sound? We thought about a meet at a pub in the area (anyone know any good ones?...G.C.?) and I for one wouldn't mind heading up the west coast from Loch Lomond to get to the RV for the usual 12.30/1300 lunch time meet. It would make a wee change from Crieff/Crianlarach for me at least.

Anyone got preferences for dates (17th/18th September are out for me) or even a change of venue...cos as well as being :cool: , I'm flexible

Ronno

17/18th are def out for me I am meeting with my other mates for a run to Ullapool, but how about the weekend 24/25th for a meet in Oban???

OK...that's a pencilled in meet for the 25th September at Oban. Anyone else?
:)
Ronno

Or anyone with preferential dates?

Wont be about till October then we can have some fun, away in Spain for most of September.

Pete A

Just checked( not used to checking)

We will be there

We Should Make That One!! - Really

Hi Guys,
That weekend suits us and Oban sounds fine - can't think of a suitable hostelry at the moment but somebody will know - maybe something around Oban but more rural - even down Crinan Canal way??
Anyway we should be ok and hopefully no last minute changes!!

Cheers.................Grizzly :beer: :beer:

Grizzly said:
Hi Guys,
That weekend suits us and Oban sounds fine - can't think of a suitable hostelry at the moment but somebody will know - maybe something around Oban but more rural - even down Crinan Canal way??

:thumb
Ronno

at last a group of dates I should manage. But do you lads no gan' doon tae
oor sooth border line at a'. Some braw roads doon there, St Mary's Loch fir instance. Even ower the line has some really good surfaced roads between Hexam an Carlisle following the wa'.
Am gettin bored forever going to Oban or points North, auto pilot switches on,lol.
my best gents,

Ronno said:
OK...that's a pencilled in meet for the 25th September at Oban. Anyone else?
:)
Ronno

Or anyone with preferential dates?

Now i might even make that :D

arcboutant said:
at last a group of dates I should manage. But do you lads no gan' doon tae
oor sooth border line at a'. Some braw roads doon there, St Mary's Loch fir instance. Even ower the line has some really good surfaced roads between Hexam an Carlisle following the wa'.
Am gettin bored forever going to Oban or points North, auto pilot switches on,lol.
my best gents,

I thought about suggesting a run around St Mary's Loch and stopping for lunch at Miss Ellie's, Selkirk. However, I reckon that with a few more weeks notice, we could entice some of the North East lads to join us on that one. Watch this space... :)

Ronno

Grizzly said:
Hi Guys,

I won;t be able to make the trip to meet you all as I shall be away visiting the aged parental unit!

However, suggestions in the area (without going in to Oban):

The Lochnell Arms in North Connel
The Kilchrennan Inn
The Wide Mouthed Frog between Connel and Oban

OK for starters?

Andy

Andy Davies said:
I won;t be able to make the trip to meet you all as I shall be away visiting the aged parental unit!

However, suggestions in the area (without going in to Oban):

The Lochnell Arms in North Connel
The Kilchrennan Inn
The Wide Mouthed Frog between Connel and Oban

OK for starters?

Andy

Im up for that Andy, might even be passing that way this weekend (on the way to Applecross) give a shout if you want to meet up

Ronno said:
I thought about suggesting a run around St Mary's Loch and stopping for lunch at Miss Ellie's, Selkirk. However, I reckon that with a few more weeks notice, we could entice some of the North East lads to join us on that one. Watch this space... :)

Ronno

As a "toe in the water" type jobbie...I posted a thread in the North section about a proposed meet in October and already, it's got a bit of interest from the lads doon there...should be good to meet up with some more members and put faces to names...

I'll post up a new thread in the Scottish section about this soon.
:beer:
Ronno

Back
Top Bottom