Nrth Pennine Run now on Sunday 4th Sept

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Teds going to do his run out this weekend instead. New revised friendlier start time of 10.30 from J19 of the M6 meeting at the Shell garage on the west (Northwich) side of the roundabout.....NOT at the garage near the little chef

The weather is supposed to be much better than last weekend apparently.

3 bikes so far ....Ted, Daz&Annette, Myself&Lou.

Anyother takers???

I think Ted will post the proposed route here again. Some nice quiet but quickish roads and a v' nice lunch stop.

Ian :bounce1

Group ride.............on a Sunday...........me.......?

Sorry,I promised to never comment again,didn`t I ????? :D :D

Run Route

Thanks for the repost Rushy. :thumb Route M6 to J34 (A382) off to Kirby Lonsdale on to Appleby in Westmorland. Over Orton Scar to Tebay on to Kendal, Lancaster and down to Glasson Dock. about 225 miles. If the weather is good the roads and scenary are fantastic. There is also Rutter Falls just off route but if you must ford a river theres a handy cafe just across the way so I can watch the fun. ;) See you Sunday.

Group rides for Tarka

tarka said:
Group ride.............on a Sunday...........me.......?

Sorry,I promised to never comment again,didn`t I ????? :D :D

From what you told me on the phone about your new purchase it sounds like "group rides" will be a regular thing for you soon!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Shhh.......there`s nothing wrong with a 'bit on the side'.... ;) :D :D

Rutter Falls?

[There is also Rutter Falls just off route but if you must ford a river theres a handy cafe just across the way so I can watch the fun. ;) .[/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting whereabouts is that? Wish i could come on the run with you to find out but family have pre-booked me. Cheers, fatal.

Rutter Falls

Its near Appleby in Westmorland, Cumbria. There is a web site with a map. Just search Rutter Falls. There are lots of fords up that area, most villages with a river have one some where. Appleby has one but a bit deep for bikes (just) about 100/150 ft long over, sorry through the Edan. Mooland village also has a longish ford. The picture shows the falls and mill. Cafe and ford just out off shot to right. There is a foot bridge but no other way across but the ford for vehicles.

Attachments

• Rutter Falls.jpg
    Rutter Falls.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 135
4 Bikes

Ted,

Got a text from Tony ( Silence ) Looks like he and Vicky will be joining us at J19.

Any plans to stop off further north?

Ian

Meeting point

Do you mean as a meetup point? Nothing as yet. Unless we pull in at Lancaster services. We leave the motorway just after that.Takes 45/50 min to get there.

Anyone want to meet up there??.

Hope to stop for lunch in or just after Appleby (can be very busy with tourists) There is a pub we can stop at just out of town good food, at a place called Hoff. Will be about 12.30/1.00. Just see how the day and weather unfolds. Loads of options. :bounce1

Ride thru'

OK

We'll do a 'ride thru' Lancaster Services if anybody wants to meet there. No hanging around, just ride thru and see if any GSers are there. Should be sometime between 10.15 and 10.40.

Ian

Meet up

Hi Jason. Just seen the post. we should be at the services by 11.15!!! we are not leaving J19 till 10.30. Will try to ring you. :confused:

guess thats why i didnt see you.i read Ians last posting looked like you were going to be at forton at that time.
waited till nearly 11,then headed off with a ktm ;)
We were up around kirby stephen etc

Many thanks Ted

Enjoyed the day and the company. Thanks Ted for researching the route and taking responsibility for the crew onboard. :)

For Rushy's benefit ~ we didn't need to fill up in Trafford Park, still had 4 fingers on the fuel guage and 209 miles on the trip counter. Might get the next run out of the same tank. -:))

Apologies

colt said:
guess thats why i didnt see you.i read Ians last posting looked like you were going to be at forton at that time.
waited till nearly 11,then headed off with a ktm ;)
We were up around kirby stephen etc

Apologies......that was a late night typo.
:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

THANKS TED!!!!!!!

Rollo said:
Enjoyed the day and the company. Thanks Ted for researching the route and taking responsibility for the crew onboard. :)

For Rushy's benefit ~ we didn't need to fill up in Trafford Park, still had 4 fingers on the fuel guage and 209 miles on the trip counter. Might get the next run out of the same tank. -:))

Echo those sentiments. Great route Ted and thanks all for your company. Daz , Annette , Tony, Vicki, Myself and Lou had never visited that area before. Great roads and scenery and what a perfect day for it. Wont be too many more of those this year unfortunately. Thanks Ted!! :clap :clap :clap

Rollo- No bars left just short of Charnock Richard, warning light litup as we rode onto the forecourt there. Total mileage , BMW odo', was 280miles when we got home.

See you all at The Broughton or wherever the meet ends up at. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom