September Meeting

zapada

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello all you long serving members, where and when is the next meeting.
I am just a newby who can not work out how Paypal works, otherwise I will pay up - honest.

Rushy seems to start these threads, but maybe he is away.
It would be a shame to find out that the meeting is tomorrow and miss it.

Any one out there ? :bounce1

Bike meet

Don't worry you haven't missed it, it's always on the third Tuesday of the month. This months meet will be on the 20th at the Whipping Stocks near Knuttsford or at least it was this afternoon when I spoke to rushy.

Regards, Daz. :thumb

Whipping Stocks

Good choice of venue then.
May get the bike to register 2 bars on the temp gauge, not far from home.

Gets dark early now, so I presume the meet will proceed indoors.

Joe - are we going to see you there. Missed you at the last meet.

Daz said:
Don't worry you haven't missed it, it's always on the third Tuesday of the month. This months meet will be on the 20th at the Whipping Stocks near Knuttsford or at least it was this afternoon when I spoke to rushy.

Change of venue or just a change :mmmm

Bike meet

Hi Les, I don't know if it's a permanent change, we're just going to have a look this month to see if it's any better than the Broughton. As you know the Broughton has a quiz on and we're not able to talk without upsetting the quiz teems :tosser . I know Julie surgested a nice pub in Congleton but I also know that you would like to travel a little further so as to warm up the engine. Anyway if it turns out to be a bad idea we can always go back to the Broughton next month and upset a few people. :argue :redbone

Daz said:
Hi Les, I don't know if it's a permanent change, we're just going to have a look this month to see if it's any better than the Broughton. As you know the Broughton has a quiz on and we're not able to talk without upsetting the quiz teems :tosser . I know Julie surgested a nice pub in Congleton but I also know that you would like to travel a little further so as to warm up the engine. Anyway if it turns out to be a bad idea we can always go back to the Broughton next month and upset a few people. :argue :redbone[/QUOTE

Daz, didn't some one suggest the whipping shocks earlier in the year,,,,,,,,, "oh yeah twas Les" :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

zapada said:
Good choice of venue then.
May get the bike to register 2 bars on the temp gauge, not far from home.

Gets dark early now, so I presume the meet will proceed indoors.

Joe - are we going to see you there. Missed you at the last meet.

Hope so, mate :thumb :thumb :thumb

Whipping Stocks

Hi Joe, Les's memory isn't what it used to be. Don't be hard on him he works long hours, nah it's his age. bnige

Sorry Les,

Daz.

Who will be there !

It looks like there will be 4 of us at the moment.
Good cheap beer if I remember right, have to bring the panniers and top them up. That way, if there is no petrol, I can have a drink.

Anyone got a GS running on LPG yet? :cool:

Earthmover & Boggy Boy

Why not turn up for this you 2.

Tarporley to Knutsford is not that far. Like to hear your Dyfi tales. :coold

I intend to, but may be in the car as am on taxi duty on a Tuesday. As for the Dyfi, you were there! Dunno about Paul, hopefully going for a spin on Saturday with him, so will find out.
Mark

I live in Holmes Chapel, it would be rude not to show up really!

Providing I'm not asked to stand in for Wayne Rooney, I'll be there.

See you there!

The whipping Stocks it is then!

Several have suggested this venue. Only thing is . . . . . i , and possibly a few others, dont know exactly where this pub is.

Any clever buggers able to post a multimap thingy? :thumb

AutoRoute!

If you have AutoRoute 2005 type in find box Stocks Lane. Scroll down to Stocks Lane, Over Peover, Knutsford. Select. Then where Stocks Lane joines the A50 (Holmes Chaple Road) the Wipping Stocks is on that bend/corner.

Garmin V5. Find Intersection Type in Holmes Chaple Road. Select,then Stocks lane. and find . Should take you right there (did on mine).

From the Broughton Arms just get on the A50 and just stay on through Holmes Chaple follow Knutsford signs (A50) its approx 14 miles from the Broughton arms.
Grand trousers give me a call. We can meet up and nip down the back roads through Mobberly etc. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom