Welsh off-roading 28-30th Oct

Phil Reynolds

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We've got ourselves a little off-roading trip planned for the 28th to the 30th Oct, going to Rhyader and staying at www.lionroyalhotel.co.uk It's got safe secure parking and, I must point out that this trip is for 'pogo sticks' only.

The plan is to get up there on Friday and settle in to the bar for a :beer: or three.

The next morning, we have an experienced guide to take us out for the day, as well as knowing the trails, he'll also know where the fuel stops are, and the places to get fed & watered ourselves.

We have so far the following who have committed to coming:

KTM Dave
Greg Masters
Roy (Blue sweeper)
Clive
Charlie Batty
Steve Hartsorne (Throb the builder)
Squadron Leader (me)

The cost is 30.00 per person per night (twin bedded rooms)for bed & breakfast, plus 25.00 per person for the guide.

We can only have ten people, so if there's three of you out there who fancy playing in the Welsh dirt, pm me and book your place. It promises to be a cracking weekend. :thumb

Depends on what the route is like Phil...I could stick some TKC 80's onto the bike...

Dave and I were contemplating getting up at the crack of a sparrow's fart and getting some Welsh off-road miles in on Friday afternoon (before the bar opens)

Greg

Greg Masters said:
Dave and I were contemplating getting up at the crack of a sparrow's fart and getting some Welsh off-road miles in on Friday afternoon (before the bar opens)

Greg

It's amazing what one will agree to after several beers :drinkinpa

I'm trying to talk darkhorse into coming.

nadeem said:
Depends on what the route is like Phil...I could stick some TKC 80's onto the bike...

Following your recent "off-road" experience it might be cheaper to buy a new trail bike

:hide

Greg Masters said:

It looks like I'll be on my own in my van so I should be there fairly early Friday to join in the fun.

nadeem said:
Thanks for the advice Clive...

If you fancy a go on the Ridgeway, which is GS/Tourance friendly in the dry, let me know. (Especially tomorrow/Friday as I am not working)

I was out there earlier today for several hours so I'll be posting some photos later :)

Crap I can't Clive...I'm up in Scotland for two days (Thurs+Fri), and on Sat morning - I have a set of TKC 80's going on the bike...anyone up for some off road frolics on Sat / Sun - I'm up for it...just keep me away from kerbs...

Hiya Rich, you're the eighth person on board if your definitely booking. Please let me know asap. ;)

Phil

Phil,

A mate of mine is interested as well, hoping to hear from him very soon. You have met him before on one of the wombat hunts, name is Simon and rides a KTM 450EXC.

Roy.

Here's an update of who's coming on this trip:

Ktm 520 - Dave
Greg Masters
Clive
Riverking
Roy - Blue Sweeper
Simon - Roy's mate
Steve - Throb the Builder
Charlie Batty
me.

That's nine, and we can take a maximum of ten. So, if any of the above are in any way 'iffy' about coming, please post your reply here. Otherwise, we have room for one more taker.

Once we've reached ten, we then need to work out who's got vans/trailers/flat bed pick ups, or just have a vehicle with a towing bracket, we can then hopefully sort out the logistics. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom