Handle bars

Deadskin

Reaction score
Just looking at the handle bar risers for the 1150 and wondered wether anybody had fitted renthal bars that might do the job at a
third of the price ?

Gauloises

Gauloises said:
Just looking at the handle bar risers for the 1150 and wondered wether anybody had fitted renthal bars that might do the job at a
third of the price ?

Gauloises
Well? Well? come on come on has anybody ? I`d like to know if its possible . please , Dog

bars

How much you been quoted for your risers then?I paid about £15 for mine,where have you found a pair of renthals for £5 I want some for my boys MX bike.
Just fit a pair of ricky bars and be done with it,top bit of kit it will make your bike handle/feel/look better and your wallet will be £200+ lighter so it will faster aswell.Andy

Posted 22-04-02
seems prices have gone down now then.

re. rickys bars,nice looking but where would i put my
GS cross bar pad :mmmm

Good question, has anybody fitted Renthals?

Particularly the 'Fat Boy' type, they look so much better than the BMW shite + lower so better feel ( to me anyway!!!).

However as I'm a wuss I would like to keep the heated grips, so is this possible????

Have a good Xmas.

bars

you can use your heated grips with the ricky bars as they come with all the holes and adapters fully machined to take your exsisting equipment it's just a straight swap and they are fat so no worries there.Andy

cross bar pad

Don't worry about your cross bar pad as you will have some CNC machined risers to compensate your sad loss.Andy

cross bar pad

Don't worry about your cross bar pad as you will have some CNC machined risers to compensate your sad loss.Andy

Gauloises said:
Posted 22-04-02
seems prices have gone down now then.

re. rickys bars,nice looking but where would i put my
GS cross bar pad :mmmm

are you taking about something like this

I sold about 650 of them world wide,including about 10 to england
24222-M-1.jpg

for the R11 GS
16149-M-1.jpg

for the airheads also
1124260-M.jpg

or the Roaster
1419313-M.jpg

for the question about the cross bar,,,well cross bars connect the two sides of the bar in more ways that one,(they are there to reinforce a weak bar),a really bad side effect is that they transmit vibration from one side to the other one,creating Harmonic frequencies and a lot of that "Numm" hand fellings,,,if you still want to use one no matter that protaper sells them as a "eccesory" the other think is that you have much more space than before so maybe you don't need the pad any more

If you want to install stuff I have the ticket for you
842754-M.jpg

this are not ready for delivery do to cash flow issues but work really well to mount anything you want
509012-M-1.jpg

one more view just in case
509019-M-1.jpg

Price yeah they cost a ton of money,but the difference in riding quality,confort and strenght more than pays for it

Ricky

You need a partner in the UK ! Your stuff would go well with all kinds of bikes if you had the right hookup.

You're ahead of your time in handlebar design.

Merry Christmas

Alex B

PS: I'm not volunteering though - I already work a 60 - hr week.

Alex B said:
Ricky

You need a partner in the UK ! Your stuff would go well with all kinds of bikes if you had the right hookup.

You're ahead of your time in handlebar design.

Merry Christmas

Alex B

PS: I'm not volunteering though - I already work a 60 - hr week.

Thanks Alex....
some day the time will come,,for now the computer and the Internet does just fine,besides the shipping cost is pretty reasonable if not faster at least at this time of the year,the bars get faster to the holland than New york city,funny how that is.

I'm trying to gatter the money to homologate my products with the TUV so i can sell them in germany,but is just to much money and the ussual german guys are very dificult to deal with so for now i focus on research,and belive me new things are coming that will really revolucionize motorcycle ergonomics ,that is if i ever learn how to make money as oppose to losse it and gatter suffient amount for the R&D necesary to prove the new concepts and theories.

Ricky bars

them there Rickardo bars look ok 2 me but whats the length? I lke the widenessness of the BM ones but want to loose the xbar & raisem up --------Dog

Re: Ricky bars

Running Dog said:
them there Rickardo bars look ok 2 me but whats the length? I lke the widenessness of the BM ones but want to loose the xbar & raisem up --------Dog

they can be made in many diferent wides,,the limitacion is the lenght of the controls on the R1150(Bar end+grip+ master cylinder) I suppy bars from about 50MM narrower to about 20MM wider all depend on the specific needs of the costumer,,also the height can be controland the reach optimize for the different criterias,but belive me is just much more than bar Raising..

Back
Top Bottom