single seat and rack

bianchi

Reaction score
hi i was thinking of fitting a single seat and rack to my r100gs but not sure to buy new or try and buy second hand what is the best way to go about this and how much should it cost any ideas.cheers ;)

I have had one on order for well over a month they are on back order
thats single seat and rack for my R80GS I did my order via James shelocks

However Sibenrock in holland has some in stock I think, give them a call
ask for Mat phone number is 0478 54 14 44 or look on there web site
all prices are in euros I think he might do you a second hand one if he has one in stock he looked out for a HPN tank for me

www.siebenrock.com

I suppose you could try Motorworks for a second hand one you never know might be lucky you can only ask

if not wait for a reply from Rob Farmer or Judge/steptoe they might now of a few more hidey places

cheers

:beer:
TERRY RYAN said:
I have had one on order for well over a month they are on back order
thats single seat and rack for my R80GS I did my order via James shelocks

However Sibenrock in holland has some in stock I think, give them a call
ask for Mat phone number is 0478 54 14 44 or look on there web site
all prices are in euros I think he might do you a second hand one if he has one in stock he looked out for a HPN tank for me

www.siebenrock.com

I suppose you could try Motorworks for a second hand one you never know might be lucky you can only ask

if not wait for a reply from Rob Farmer or Judge/steptoe they might now of a few more hidey places

thanks i will check them out

judge said:
I got mine from Siebenrock no one esle had them from stock and even so the Siebenrock prices was under those others who listed them.

Excellent speedy service from Germany :thumb
hom much did it all cost with postage and what is the quality of it like.cheers in advance ;)

bianchi said:
hom much did it all cost with postage and what is the quality of it like.cheers in advance ;)

According to their website €235.74 Seat is same comfort level and finish as OE, though the profile of the seat means less sliding about. If its comfort you want then do a search on hens teeth and rocking horse shite and you will turn up Bill Meyer saddles and Corbin, for the former you will need a donor seat.

My single has been doctored by Melvyn Hunter, it cost £180 and for a custom seat with gel pads is a huge dissappointment. If I had my time again I'd have found a single OE and sent it to Bill or bought the Corbin single which would have cost me less than OE single and re-upholstering job.

SINGLE

...jeez, Judge, you've put me right off a single seat...

i have std. bmw single seat on my PD. not enough foam for my lard arse, but i find it more comfy than the dual. just.

you're going to hate me but...

.. what solution is there for the opposite;
skinny boney butt on a standard seat (R100gs)?
getting numbbutt after an hour or so

Og.
dem bones

P.J. said:
...jeez, Judge, you've put me right off a single seat...
I dunno PJ it's all very subjective. Before you pass it up try and give one a try, if you get on with the OE dual seat but want a single then it will be fine for you.

If I've talked you out of a re-upholstered one I'm not too sad but again some people get on with them fine too.

So far I have tried OE dual, OE single, Melvyn Huntered Single, Touratech Single, Corbin Dual and in the immortal words of Bonio I still haven't found what I'm looking for :D

Ogmios said:
.. what solution is there for the opposite;
skinny boney butt on a standard seat (R100gs)?
getting numbbutt after an hour or so

Og.
dem bones

more pies :D

Judge;
Thank you, for the practical suggestion. (*looks daggers at Cookie*)
a mate has one i can borrow and try out. (i am presuming you mean a sheepSKIN / not the entire sheep :D :eek: )

Cookie;
excewse me sirrah, but i am to GSing what Kate Moss is to...er,..no, never mind.
ahhh - are you old enough to remember "Twizzle"....hmmm.
o.k; think Catweazle with a decent shave - thats about my physique :p

OgNoArse

what's wrong with pies?

i dare say they have a large following on this site from what i've seen :)

...and i did give a genuine opinion on the bmw seats ;)

cookie said:
what's wrong with pies?

i dare say they have a large following on this site from what i've seen :)

...and i did give a genuine opinion on the bmw seats ;)

pies; nowt wrong. love 'em meself. :)

"large following"...erm,...weight and see if anyone takes up the baton(berg) on that one :D

genuine opinion - yup, you did. Thanks.

i have a genuine problem (i did say people would hate me :D ) i have tried to and NEED to put weight on, but cant. long story / blame me Mother / genetic thingy.

Og standing sideways -> |

Og,

Serious one this - I doubt you have less weight about you than Nobby or Tiff who have both ridden exceptional mileages on nothing more than OE airhead seats, before you let loose silly money I would try the following in cost order:

Sheepskin
Cycle Shorts under bike clothing
Airhawk Seat Pad

Then and only then start shedding money on seats whilst regularly visiting Supermacs and Abrakebabra :D

Sheepless in seat....le

right..until i get hold of a sheepskin, i'm starting off small and working my way up :D
got this in France, its the first time i've had a Rabbit under my backside and not under my wheels :rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• RabSeat.JPG
    RabSeat.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 121
not easy...

damned hard to get that pic - i had competition :D .
you see since we brought the fur home, the cats showed a bit of interest.
i laid it out on the back of the sofa to see what they'd do and sometimes find a comatose cat asleep on it. :) so, when i took it off the sofa to take the pic - a certain feline of course, poked his nose in!
Not Now Fred!!! :D :D :D

Attachments

• DIStraction.JPG
    DIStraction.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 118

Back
Top Bottom