Isle of Man

exeter_lad

Reaction score
I have just spent a pleasant half hour downloading and watching Paul Young's videos from Show Us Yours - many thanks Paul.

This was my first time on the island and without a doubt my most enjoyable riding.

Took me a day to get used to to using the gears (typical lazy sod, I don't bother changing gear much riding to work and back) but once I got used to going over 3000 revs - what joy!!!

Like Paul, I found that top gear was not necessary on the mountain section, even though the 1100 only has 5 gears. Also found that the sit up riding style gives a much better view of the road than the sporty tank huggers get and enables far better road positioning and overtaking - all of which helps to keep the sporties behind you. (although some did claim it was the fear that my top box might fly off at those silly speeds!!)

Certainly never realised what speed and pleasure could be got from a GS. And what a thrill to park up at the grandstand and have a group of sporties pull up, take a long look at the GS and then say 'respect' before riding off.

Unfortunately, twisted my right knee on some stairs in the hotel (oh the shame of it) and had the worst ride of my life riding back from Liverpool with my leg in agony and unable to feel if I was using the back brake or not. And that is why I sitting here surfing the web at this silly hour - Doc says I've ripped somthing in the cartilage department and the only way i can sleep is to stay up until I fall asleep (and the dream of a flying lap). :dabone

Maybe we need an IOM section in the regionals, avoid missing people coming over then (especially us West Country peeps - I'm from Somerset originally :D ).

Back
Top Bottom