stelvio

alan t

Made it to the Stelvio in August,snowed one night whilst up their.Well worth the ride down to Italy,did some other great passes to and on the way down thru Switzerland and Austria on way back. :) :) :) :)

:thumb

Attachments

• copy 146.JPG
    copy 146.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,207
Picture taken by SWMBO, while we were on the way down the pass :D

Previous photo looks like the Swiss side to me . This is how I recall the Italian side down to Bormio.

Attachments

• Stelvio Bormio.JPG
    Stelvio Bormio.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,007
The first pic is the Italian side looking east, your picture is looking west towards Bormio. I first did Stelvio (Stilfserjoch) going west to east and wondered why everyone raved about it. This summer I rode the other way which is much better.

Tim

Had a great ride over the Stelvio heading into Italy (as it were) back on the Garmisch trip, along with 2 Wheel Humvee, Spanish Bob, Howie & Gendarmerie.

Just checked out the webcam up there Stelvio Webcam and it's looking good for the skiers amongst us :thumb

No bloody chance

Twotter said:
Had a great ride over the Stelvio heading into Italy (as it were) back on the Garmisch trip, along with 2 Wheel Humvee, Spanish Bob, Howie & Gendarmerie.

Just checked out the webcam up there Stelvio Webcam and it's looking good for the skiers amongst us :thumb

Twotts

If you think that I'm going to share a room with you in a ski resort after the Garmisch trip and that frequent (every 10 seconds) fog horn you can **'~~>?<^%42£ right off :D :dabone

Bob (I'll start new thread about "Your worst bike trip accommodation" and tell the story)

Twotter said:

:thumb It remains one of (if not THE) most memorable day's riding-ever :beer:

Bob said:
Twotts

If you think that I'm going to share a room with you in a ski resort after the Garmisch trip and that frequent (every 10 seconds) fog horn you can **'~~>?<^%42£ right off :D :dabone

Bob (I'll start new thread about "Your worst bike trip accommodation" and tell the story)

Try spending a night sharing with Gerry H, he makes me look like an amateur ! :eek:

2 wheel humvee said:
:thumb It remains one of (if not THE) most memorable day's riding-ever :beer:

Without doubt in my book. You know I quite fancy one of those hot dog thingies that mad bloke was selling up there right now :thumb

we were up there in the snow last year too...
Stelvio rocks!

george%2012.jpg

awesome just made me grin looking at the pics, went to Austria in June this year and did this pass on my F650GS and loved it. Couldnt stop :D

Twotter said:
You know I quite fancy one of those hot dog thingies that mad bloke was selling up there right now :thumb

You are sick, them things are made from reconstituted road kill from down the valley. Could still tast the bloody thing two days later and I only ate half. :(

alan t said:
Made it to the Stelvio in August,snowed one night whilst up their.Well worth the ride down to Italy,did some other great passes to and on the way down thru Switzerland and Austria on way back. :) :) :) :)

I'm looking at going to Switzerland to see some friends over there next year, did you keep a note of your route to Switzerland?

alan said:
Did you not dare go any nearer to that wall?
Is this close enough to get a decent picture?

CNV00024s.jpg

If you have Autoroute, this file shows my route last July
Edit oops sorry I can not attach files

Did the stelvio 18 months ago while on a 10 day tour and was slightly disappointed but found some other passes at least as good ie Grimsel, Bernina, Furka, Gd St Bernard,

Back
Top Bottom