Off road tank training ground -this sat or sun 24/25th sept

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone fancy a day out on the tank grounds near Amesbury . Same place where i took the hogroast begineers off road rideout -

I've still got my knobblies on, and want to use them before i take them off .
let me know if your interested - and we'll see what happens .

1st timers welcome

might pop along Neil - what time you thinking of? Won't wash the bike just yet then.... :D

nadeem said:
might pop along Neil - what time you thinking of?

See what the response is, but i'd imagine leaving here around 10ish, get to the off road area 11ish .

Shame, I just washed all the pony shit off from Dartmoor. Is it really beginners suitable Neil? I don't want to get caught up in some ORG's exuberance.

ianf said:
Shame, I just washed all the pony shit off from Dartmoor

That wasn't pony shit my little sweetie....you're forgetting about Bill & Cohorts camping out without any 'facilities'.... :)

ianf said:
. Is it really beginners suitable Neil? I don't want to get caught up in some ORG's exuberance.

yes , it really is - ask any of the group that went with me on the hogroast.
You can do it with tourances, unless it pisses down .

Dahoum has 1st dibs on saturday .

Saturday's o.k. for me too. I'll bail if it rains or there's too big a turnout.

Right, it's this Saturday - Those that want to go, can meet at my place -

or Fleet services, on the M3 between jct 4a and 5 at 10.30am .

it's a 30 minute ride from Fleet. Bring a drink and some food and we could have a picnic out in the wilds :D

Other place to meet, if your coming from the west, would be the Countess services, on the A303 at Amesbury, 5 minutes from where were going .

let me know who's thinking of coming

Steptoe said:
Other place to meet, if your coming from the west, would be the Countess services, on the A303 at Amesbury, 5 minutes from where were going .

Hopefully I'll meet you at Amesbury then :)

me and pikey dave fancy this if you've room for a couple more.

as others have said, not if it's raining. i used to do enduros round there, and that clay is lethal on trials tyres let alone tourances :D

Zmeagol said:
I'll be along if the new gearbox is fitted by then. Decent knobblies for once.

Tim

we used to wire the end of the gear & brake levers to the frame with a bit of bowden cable to prevent what happened to your bike ;)

Clive said:
Hopefully I'll meet you at Amesbury then :)

No I won't :(

Just got home and have been reminded that I'm delivering middle sprog to Hatfield Uni on Saturday am.

Ah well, maybe it'll have to be the final visit of the season to the Ridgeway on Sunday instead.

Hullo, new GS'r will be at Fleet at designated time. Hope my euduros can cut it. :)

Hi guys,

I'm new to this site but have had my Adventure for over a year and travelled all over europe. Fancy getting the wheels dusty for a change but am running low on tread on the Tourances, I've got enough for a couple of hundred miles. Will this be enough for your trip this weekend? I'm coming from Woking way so not too far to travel.

Back
Top Bottom