Run to Orford Ness, 9th October

BladeBaiter

Run from Maldon Queen's Head to Orford Ness, Sunday 9th October, Meet at 0800 at the Queen's Head.

Not strictly a GS club run; a friend from the Maldon section of the GS Club and I are organising a run from Maldon to Orford Ness, via some choice roads in Essex and Suffolk. This includes a breakfast stop in a bikers cafe in Stradishall and Lunch in Orford Ness.

The route will be guided and will be marked using the marker system, as practiced during the Essex Border Patrol run.

Numbers of partisipants are to be kept small so this this invitation to join the run is strictly for Dengie 100 Club and GS Club members only.

Tell me what you think. Are you up for it? :thumb

Hi Kieth/Colin, As you said to reply in the 'East Angular' section I thought I would - just to be different!

I hope to come along even if it is just as far as Stradishall for breakfast and then peel off and head back to Maldon and back to family and other commitments.

Keith, I would guess that people will show more interest when they have checked out the weather forecast. Not saying that GSers are a bunch of wimps or anything!

9th october run

Yup,could be up for this one weather permitting,not sure I will be ready for lunch at Orford if I just had breakfast at Stradishall though,unless it's going to be a very long way round :thumb Andy

What's the route?

I know Maldon is a nice place to visit, but being in Mersea I guess I'd be going there to come back.
What route are you taking, so we can rendezvous.

That'll save me 5p on tyre wear.

That's great Martin, Colin did tell me that that was your plan. I'll check out the weather forcast after this but what's the worst it can do, huh?

Great Andy, I'll look forward to meeting you in Maldon. Colin knows the route, we do get a good breakfast in Stradishall but we certainly won't be going the most direct route from there to Orford. :thumb

Steve, we weren't planning on leaving Maldon via the Mersea direction so you wouldn't be doubling back, we will be heading N.W. towards Stradishall but Colin knows which roads he will be leading us along. It might be best if you bite the bullet and bring those tyres to Maldon. You can save the 5p by dropping off early on the homeward journey, when I believe we will be going past Mersea. (The route down from Orford will include a tea-stop at Alton Water, south of Ipswich)

See you Sunday

Keith

Orford Ness

Hi chaps, what time you planning to get to stradishall as may join you for brekkie,commitments permitting may go on the next leg too! John B :thumb
(Andy, be good to catch up, bike may need a service soon too!)

BladeBaiter said:
That's great Martin, Colin did tell me that that was your plan. I'll check out the weather forcast after this but what's the worst it can do, huh?

Great Andy, I'll look forward to meeting you in Maldon. Colin knows the route, we do get a good breakfast in Stradishall but we certainly won't be going the most direct route from there to Orford. :thumb

Steve, we weren't planning on leaving Maldon via the Mersea direction so you wouldn't be doubling back, we will be heading N.W. towards Stradishall but Colin knows which roads he will be leading us along. It might be best if you bite the bullet and bring those tyres to Maldon. You can save the 5p by dropping off early on the homeward journey, when I believe we will be going past Mersea. (The route down from Orford will include a tea-stop at Alton Water, south of Ipswich)

See you Sunday

Keith
If you want to ride another 15 minutes on from Alton water you can have a free cup of tea at my place,nice road too :thumb Andy

Hi John B, I guess that we'll be at Stradishall around about 9 or 10o'clock. Hopefully we'll see you there :) .

Andy, I've never been to Alton Water so I was quite looking forward to it but if we ride past it and then on to your's: a cup of tea is a cup of tea and a good road is a good road, I can never have too much of either. Thanks for the offer, we'll see what happens. Colin is the man with the plan :)

The weather forcast said that it's going to rain all day ...in Scotland! Ha Ha

See you in the morning

Keith

ride

BB, I think your rain joke has backfired,It's feckin slashing down here in Harwich I'll have a look out the window in the mornin see what it's doin ok.Andy :thumb

Andy, you were there weren't you? I never got to say hello to you before you disappeared. Sorry "Hello".

The rain joke didn't backfire. Apart from the road surface being a bit damp in the shadows; nothing actually fell from the skys on us.

The only joke that did backfire on me was the "I can never have too much tea" one. My bladder has got a lot to answer for. Sorry about the frequent hedge watering.

We did actually make it all the way around the planned route. Well done to Colin for planning the excursion and leading us round; well done to Steve who travelled from his home in Bedfordshire to do the ride; well done to John who completed the ride on a Yamaha 600 fazer (The last time a Japanese bike came on one of our rides it caught fire!); well done to me for pissing on every corner of every county we passed through and; well done to Kim, my wife for putting up with it and jumping off the back off the bike so quickly and efficiently to let me relieve my bladder.

Next...

Cheers

Keith

Back
Top Bottom