Long Way Round Wales

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well after the last effort with the pictures failing to appear I have now got a Smugmug account and will try again.

We did a 4 day trip around Wales from Anglesey to Pawthcawl amd covered about 900 miles. The weather was kind and a great time was had.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

This is the view from our campsite in Capel Curig.
38079596-M.jpg

Another from base camp. A lovely pair. :D
38079597-M.jpg

The morning on day two.
38079598-M.jpg

This was a couple of minutes up the road from the campsite.
38079599-M.jpg

Hhmmmmm, Where now? :rolleyes:
38079600-M.jpg

This is the Brunnel bridge crossing the Menai Straights. We are on Anglesey looking back to North Wales.
38079601-M.jpg

This is the Penmon Lighthouse which is the most Easterly point of Anglesey.
38079602-M.jpg

Whilst at Penmon we saw a pod of Dolphins feeding and I finally caught one on camera.... look carefully. :D
38079604-M.jpg

This is the beautifull Llanberris Pass in Snowdonia. :bow
38079605-M.jpg

This is part of the Swallow Falls in Bets Y Coed in Snowdonia.
38079606-M.jpg

A very usefull rock in the field we camped in. :beer: from yours truly.
38079607-M.jpg

However the art of a good meal is to delegate. :bow :D
38079608-M.jpg

Heading South now and somewhere in the middle. :mmmm
38079609-M.jpg

A bit of off roading just outside Fishguard in Pembrokshire, South Wales.
Now do I go left or right. :eek
38079610-M.jpg

The forest awaits....
38079611-M.jpg

Our fun was spoilt on this one. :( .... MOD for you. :rolleyes:
38079612-M.jpg

One of the many lovely views in the Brecon Beacons.
38079613-M.jpg

And another one.
38079614-M.jpg

Last one from me..... hope you enjoyed them. :thumb
38079616-M.jpg

Jon :D

That was in the Breacon Beacons somewhere. Just saw this track off a minor road and followed it untill we hit the gates. :(

The MOD one looks like the picnic site just off the Tirabad to Cynghordy road into the Crychan Forest, NE of Llandovery at Esgair-fwyog.

The Forestry Commission have only just put the gate there to try and reduce the amount of illegal off-road vehicles entering the forest, they are trying to encourage non-vehicular usage. I've been running off-road motorcycle events there for over 30 years, we run a British Championship enduro special test in the field at the top right corner of the picture, about 500m down that track (I have a key for the gate).

The picture after it looks like the view point on the Garth to Upper Chapel road on the Eppynt ranges looking out to Banc y Cwm.

There are a few good legal GS'able off-road bits in that area, one of which is about 500m from the MOD picture called Cefn Llydlo, there is an old Roman Road just South East of Llandovery back towards Sennybridge and another over the Eppynt ranges called Druids Way - but as it runs through the MOD live firing danger area you MUST get permission off the MOD before riding it!!

Great pics thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed your visit to the Land of our Fathers!

Back
Top Bottom