Camping in Poland, Baltic states...

fatone

in May/early June. Is it too cold, too wet? Or am I too soft?

fatone said:
in May/early June. Is it too cold, too wet? Or am I too soft?

Well, depends on your level of comfort. You may camp any time, fanatical people camp in Siberia with minus forty degrees Celsius too.

But for average people, i guess the may is a bit cold in the nights, june should be OK. Is it wet or not fully depends on the weather. Some years have very dry and warm junes mays, some vice versa... But if you're well equipped then shouldn't be any serious troubles.

Cheers, Margus

Thanks Margus. My big trip is planned for next year. My mother's Estonian and apart from doing the trip on a bike (type yet to be decided) I also want to find out more about Tartu, where she was born and grew up. Quite a nice town by all accounts, good university, plenty of bars but grim weather. Looking forward to it.

fatone said:
Thanks Margus. My big trip is planned for next year. My mother's Estonian and apart from doing the trip on a bike (type yet to be decided) I also want to find out more about Tartu, where she was born and grew up. Quite a nice town by all accounts, good university, plenty of bars but grim weather. Looking forward to it.

I live just 30 kilometres from Tartu and study and work in Tartu, so visiting it every day.

Let me know if you come, up for a beer any time (though, if need to drive back home then non-alcoholic one - here's zero allowed ;)) can show you around.

Cheers, Margus

Back
Top Bottom