Cynwyd to Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog

Muddy

Has anyone been on this track? I did it this morning. It got a bit hairy in places and I definitely won't be doing it on Tourances again.

Image6.jpg

You're a flippin hero doing it on tourances :bow

Where are you based, I'm near Betws y coed?
Tim

Hero not. Stupid, yes.

It was very dodgy especially on my own. If I knew before hand what it was going to be like I wouldn't have bothered but it was a case of "I've started so I'll finish". What a relief when I did.

I'm in Ruthin. Got any suggestions for an easier ride?

I rode over the hills from Denbigh and a few tracks around here last week. I'll get a route together and get a few of us for a day out.

Tim

Muddy said:
I'm in Ruthin. Got any suggestions for an easier ride?
Ah, Rhuthun - my home town and bought up in Dinbych (Denbigh). All the roads in that area are winners.

That's the Wayfarers Pass. The trail actually forks, there's a section heading down towards Llandrillo as well. I'm not certain which fork is actually "The Wayfarers" or maybe they both are :) Anyway the point I was getting to is that, if I remember correctly, the southern fork is easier than the north one, less ruts and mud, more stones and rocks. Although looking at the pic below, maybe I'm wrong, I'm sure that was taken on the southern section.

I'm always up for a GS-ing ride out in Wales :D

Here's another GSer (not me) on the Wayfarers.

P1010050.JPG

Another tip for Muddy would be to join the North Wales section of the TRF, I'm going out with a couple of them next weekend, I think they're a bit unsure about me so far - they all ride tiny bikes and I'm taking the 1200.

I saw 2 GS's in Rhuthun yesterday and one today in Corwen, so there's a few around here somewhere.

If the weather's reasonable next weekend I'm going to try the Lake Vyrnwy to Rhos-y-gwaliau route. Hope its easier than Cynwyd-Llanarmon. :D

I appreciate your comments guys and look forward to a group ride. Safety in numbers.

Off tarmac in Wales

It's been a few years since I was 'offroad' in Wales in the LandRover... I finished up going through about £180 in petrol in about 5 days! Filled up twice a day more often than not, did most of the lanes around mid to north wales, and I must admit that there is not a cat in hell's chance of me going out and about i the dirt on my GS..

well not yet anyway... perhaps a BMW course might be the thing to do...

I am really impressed with you guys that do ride them like they ought to be :bow :bow :bow :bow

I'd be up for that, assuming you don't mind me tagging along (and assuming it's a weekend when I don't have the kids)
Mark

Mouse said:
Another tip for Muddy would be to join the North Wales section of the TRF, I'm going out with a couple of them next weekend, I think they're a bit unsure about me so far - they all ride tiny bikes and I'm taking the 1200.

Mouse, I've been with the North Wales TRF for years, I hope they are gentle with you for both yours and the bikes sake :eek: :D

Muddy, the two GS's you seen in Ruthin may have been myself and captain_dangerous. I was on my Graphitan 1150 GS and the captain was on his white 1150 GSA SE. :)

Flashman, one of the GS's I saw in Ruthin was yellow so I guess there's even more of us.

I don't know if anyone's going to take the lead and organise something here but I'm available on Sunday (16th).

Mouse, where are you going with the TRF?

I'm up for it and I'm sure I can drag captain_dangerous along aswell. How about the Ponderosa as a meeting place, time to suit? :cool:

Just got back from a great 5 hour offroad around LLangollen, sunny one side of the hills, wet & foggy on the other side. Brill :thumb

Everybody welcome

How does this sound:

Rhos-y-gwaliau, Bala to
Lake Vyrnwy
Llanymawddwy
Dinas Mawddwy
Aberangell
Through Dyfi Forest to
Aberllefenni
Machynlleth then back up to
Mallwyd
Llangadfan
Pont Llogel
Llanwddyn, Lake Vyrnwy (option to go home or face some serious off-road)
Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant
Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog
Glyndyfrdwy (A5)

Could always call it a day in Machynlleth and take shortest route home..

Distances:

Rhos-y-gwaliau to Lake Vyrnwy = 8.75 miles
Vyrnwy to Machynlleth = 28 miles
Machynlleth to Glyndyfrdwy = 51 miles

Myself & captain_dangerous look forward to joining you for the road sections but we won't be venturing off road as I've recently fitted road tyres to my beast. Time to meet up on Sunday?

Back
Top Bottom