Bretagne

Cookson

Reaction score
2 weeks ago I purchased my 1st GSA in fact my 1st BMW.

Then a week ago today I went to Brittany / France to see my folks for a long weekend, came back on tuesday evening & got drounded in torrential 45 degree rain for 5 hours up the M5 / M42 Plymouth to Nottingham.

I have to say the bike was superb, but you lot already knew that, travelling down in good weather took 4 hours, 280 miles none stop, way to go, not even a square arse, 150 miles would be the most on my old Africa Twin, definatley a square arse.

Any way the roads in Brittany are fantastic, no more than 200 yards in a straight line, fantastic scenery & views, lakes, rivers, hills & valleys & hardly any traffic, what traffic you do see moves over for you even the Gendarme.

I have seen the light, rock on GSA. :thumb

Nice one.....

Did you fit the new Engine bars before you went? If so, did they go on easy enough?

;)

Yup, thanks BB,

Bars went on a piece of cake, the bolts that were on the counter at Pidcocks were wrong, right bags & part numbers, wrong bolts in the bags, so had to re-order, but no worries.

Bet your life if I had not fitted the bars, I would have needed them.

I'll be in touch next week & we need to get out for a large :beer: sometime.

:thumb

cookson glad you like the bike and the forum, suits good and warm.
Brittany possibly the best biking roads bar none, have a house nr Baud south brittany :beer:

Baldycop, your house is about 30km south of where I live, been here 3 years, 1100GS, perfect roads, what more do you need?

baldycop said:
cookson glad you like the bike and the forum, suits good and warm.
Brittany possibly the best biking roads bar none, have a house nr Baud south brittany :beer:

Could have done with that suit on tuesday night coming back from Plymouth, Jeeeez, did I get wet, time me thinks to get some new wet weather kit.

:mmmm

Just looked where it is on the map, I'm about 5km north of Guemene sur Scorff. We regularly visit the port area of Vannes at the weekend, good cafés,usually a few other bikes around.
The route is Guemene, Bubry, Baud, Vannes, afterwards, Lorient, Guemene, about 150km round trip, on a Sunday,negligable traffic.
You've chosen a good area. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom