Mounting Quest ??

Andy Hird

Reaction score
Right then.....didn't get much help from last thread I posted, maybe I wasn't specific enough last time, so here goes again.

I want to mount my quest on to the handlebar risers, I want a powered mount that is hard wired to the battery, and I want to hear the voice instructions in my helmet......What do I need ??

Cheers,

Andy.

What you need to do is have a look at the RAM site and see how others have approached the situation. The Customer Gallery has a number of solutions, many from GSers on this forum. I found it very helpful when I was looking, as you are, for a way to mount the Quest on the 'bars. The RAM cradle and QPAC lead completed the solution fro me as I didn't want the unit hard-wired.

Andy,

.. from my blurred memory, the RAM U-Bolt does not go under the handlebar riser clamp bracket, though just to left and butt it against the clamp bracket is an option.

There is a re-worked RAM ball part that supplied by Adventure-Motorcyling and fits, I *think* Suarveharv has this fitted on his 1200GS and there's pic in the RAM mount gallery and 'shuck raider' a look at in the previous thread.

As to a shopping list ..
RAM-B-149Z or with a shorter arm then RAM-B-149ZA
RAM-HOL-GA15 cradle
QPAC01-xx for hard wire install, otherwise QPAC02-xx plus QPAC02-extn.
(-xx denotes choice of jack socket)

.. and if riding with a tank bag then raise the arm height... use RAM-B-149Z and add RAM-B-230 (aka the butt plug) with a RAM-B-201-A.

RAM-man

:beer:

Thanks Ram-Man

Thanks for the info. It's getting a little bit clearer now. I've had a look at the MiGsel speedo bracket and think I might go that way now, with the QPAC01-xx. Another possibility I'm looking at would be to buy a ram ball then drill and tap the top of the fork yoke near the handle bar risers and screw in the ball. Has anyone tried this method ??
Cheers,
Andy :thumb

Back
Top Bottom