Sticky front brake lever

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Says it all really. If squeezed gently lever does not release and servo stays on. Last time this happened I used WD40 & it was OK for a while. Now it's back, the bike is still under warrantee. Obvious really, but is it easy to cure myself?

Just used the search function,which revealed a bit from the owners manual which I had anyway! printed off the bit in the manual that shows what to remove. 2 screws to remove plastic cover, then it would appear that the brake lever pivot unscrews. Do this at the weekend, and grease this pivot. See how it goes.

ELIMINATOR said:
Just used the search function,which revealed a bit from the owners manual which I had anyway! printed off the bit in the manual that shows what to remove. 2 screws to remove plastic cover, then it would appear that the brake lever pivot unscrews. Do this at the weekend, and grease this pivot. See how it goes.

Ask me tomorrow afternoon and I'll show you what to do!

BTBR

Done it this morning, all back to normal.

But, not impressed. :eek:

Reason that it became sticky was that there was evidence of Loctite within the 10 dia. reamed bore, that the plastic bush sits in. Also several of the screws were a bit graunched.

Who else has touched the bike?

SPC, that's who, when they played with the sticky switch about a year ago. I can't imagine that it was BMW who graunched the screws on assembly.
Congratulations SPC more shite. :tosser

Back
Top Bottom