HP2 & Heated grips

stephenenglish

I spoke to my BMW dealer today and they inform me heated grips are not a new bike listed option.
The heated grips & handlebar switches DO appear as items “on screen” in the HP2 dealer spares list. It does NOT show any “timed hours” to fit the parts.
:confused:
Does anyone know if pre-wiring is done for heated grips on the HP2?

Regards
Stephen

stephenenglish said:
I spoke to my BMW dealer today and they inform me heated grips are not a new bike listed option.
The heated grips & handlebar switches DO appear as items “on screen” in the HP2 dealer spares list. It does NOT show any “timed hours” to fit the parts.
:confused:
Does anyone know if pre-wiring is done for heated grips on the HP2?

Regards
Stephen

I do not think they pre wired anything because here in Sweden the heated grips costs around 420 euro:s as an option.

Anders

They're in the HP2 riders manual instructions as an OE fitted BUT not offered as an option at purchase :eek

I'll have a good look at the loom tomorrow and see if I can see any 'ports into the canbus system'

All the connections for heated grips are present and I've gone ahead and ordered the kit. Arrives next week.

Fitting the grips

Pikeydave

HP2 with heated grips :cool:

Please let us know how the fitting goes :thumb
I read on the ADVrider website that you need to enable the canbus via the dealers computer :confused:

best regards and thanks
Stephen.

CW are all up to speed with whipping CANBUS into shape. They've just got rid of the fault code for my indicators not working (as they're now off the bike!) and it's the same reprograming as retro-fitting heated grips to a 1200GS.

Back
Top Bottom