Can 2610 Speed Cameras be hidden in zoomed out views

ianm00

Reaction score
I have installed the speed camera database on my 2610. When I zoom in on the map the cameras show fine. However when I zoom out to show the full route the 2610 screen just becomes full of red camera dots and you cannot see anything useful.

When following a route I like using the autozoom feature but is there a way that I can make the 2610 turn off the cameras if zoomed out above a certain scale.

Thanks

Ian

ianm00 said:
I have installed the speed camera database on my 2610. When I zoom in on the map the cameras show fine. However when I zoom out to show the full route the 2610 screen just becomes full of red camera dots and you cannot see anything useful.

When following a route I like using the autozoom feature but is there a way that I can make the 2610 turn off the cameras if zoomed out above a certain scale.

Thanks

Ian

Does anyone know if this can be done?

This must be the only post Ive put on this forum that hasn't received an answer!! whats going on?

Ian

I've been using this database on my 2610 for a couple of weeks now, and whenever the scale goes out above a ceratin limit the cameras disappear from view. I haven't altered any settings for this to happen.

Regards,

Charles

This must be the only post Ive put on this forum that hasn't received an answer!! whats going on?

Ian

Finding it impossible to remain unmoved by this plea, I did some research.

I couldn't find any way to individually control the display of the cameras, and I doubt that this is possible.

However, the 2610 map detail setting (in menu\map setup\map detail) has the following effect:

When "most" : camera icons disappear at scale = 80 mi
When "more" : camera icons disappear at scale = 50 mi
When "normal" : camera icons disappear at scale = 20 mi
When "less" : camera icons disappear at scale = 8 mi
When "least" : camera icons disappear at scale = 5 mi

This isn't much use, because you want to be able to control the display of the cameras independently. Looking in Mapsource, they seem NOT to be waypoints, but instead integral parts of the map. Similarly, you can't change their display features in the 2610 by changing the display of waypoints or POI s.
So I think the only way around this would be to change the size or nature of the icons themselves in the actual map they are in, i.e. edit the map itself, and I don't know how to do this.

Peter

ps I seem to remember a Mapsource .gdb file, or .mps file around a few years back which contained camera locations as waypoints. This WOULD allow you to control their display.

Thanks for your answers and attempts to find a way of doing this.

Much appreciated.

Ian

menu
map setup
Point
Waypoint
Max zoom to 'whatever you want'

BurnieM said:
menu
map setup
Point
Waypoint
Max zoom to 'whatever you want'

This doesn't work for the speed cameras. I think this is due to the speedcameras being a map overlay and not waypoints.

Thanks

Ian

Ian,

As you say the speedcameras are a map overlay and not waypoints so you can't do anything other that turn them on (all there) or off (not visable)

I can't see the point of zooming out to see the whole route myself but, we all use our toys differently I suppose.

:thumb

Agreed, we all use them differently :)
Autozoom (when following a route) is helpful for me cos the zoomed out views show me roughly where I should be going if I lose reception (or power as happened yesterday !) A bit tenuous I know.

Also, if using routing in the 2610 itself (ie on the road), I like to check that it's planning a more or less straight line, not round the back of bill's mother's, as me old dad would say.

Must say, I'm using the speed camera overlay less now, cos of this zooming problem. Also, slightly worried it will give us a false sense of security and we when we don't keep a lookout anymore, we'll get done by a newly-installed one...

Back
Top Bottom