The Peaks

gazza

Reaction score
This shows our last excursion from Power Sports at Clay Cross to the Welcome Inn Sparrowpit and home. Myself, Mark and Bob.

Attachments

• peaks.mps
    79 KB · Views: 85
Oooops

Sorry ment to load the tracks below not the routes above.

Attachments

• sparrowpit.mps
    40.6 KB · Views: 86
Peaks 160303

Here is Sundays track log of our rideout.

Attachments

• sun1603track.mps
    58.5 KB · Views: 61
I'm showing my ignorance with my new toy here.

Is there anyway I can use the tracks as a route on my GPS V? or do I have to suck it into the mapsource software and then manually plot the route following the track?

Cheers

Rob

Ermm think so.

Hi Rob, I was discussing this with Jim Brown on Sunday. I am sure that my old III+ used to let you track back against a recorded route, in effect it converted the track into a route. However, Jim says and I agree with him, that it is as you say, save the track into mapsource then follow and plot a new route against your saved track. I will have another play this evening. Dutchy are you aware of this facility.

Peaks data

Bit of useless info about Sundays ride in the Peaks

Max speed recorded = 95.6 mph 111° true N53 07.766 W1
I have omitted other details to protect the innocent.

Maximum height during the run = around 6 miles from lunch break as below 1700 feet

Attachments

• sun1603track.jpg
    sun1603track.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 137
Rob Farmer said:
I'm showing my ignorance with my new toy here.

Is there anyway I can use the tracks as a route on my GPS V? or do I have to suck it into the mapsource software and then manually plot the route following the track?

Cheers

Rob

Rob, once you have the track uploaded to your GPS V :
Press Menu twice
Select tracks - enter
Select saved track- enter
:::Screen appears called Track Log
Select TracBack button - enter
Choose : To End or To Beginning - enter

Next screen is like a compass
Press Page 3 times and you will have the map view page
The track will appear as any other route.

At each change in direction it will give you a turn number - it takes a moment to get used to this but it is very useful way of retracing the journey. I have used this on a few rides and it's nice to go back a year later and rerun a route you have enjoyed in confidence of following the same route.

Ride Safe
The Gecko

Cheers Gecko

Thought I had used a facility that converted tracks, thanks Gecko.

Jimb said:
Gecko, does this work with SPIII or just with the V.

Dunno M8 , sorry I have never used an SPIII. :confused: I only know this because I had the same problem as the other lads above and figured it out a while back on my GPSV .

Back
Top Bottom