R100GS Sidestand

RayS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has trouble with this stand?

My legs aren't long enough to put (& hold it) down whilst getting off the bike so I have to get off with the stand up. Not too difficult, but I would prefer to be able to push it down and for it to stay down, so I can get off easily with the bike on the stand.
Has anyone done any mods to make it easier to put it down whilst sitting on the bike and/or any mods for it to stay down without the weight of the bike holding it there?

Many thanks
Ray

This superb sidestand came with my R80G/S..but if anyone knows it's make etc...it will fit a later GS.

Bolts to the rear engine mounting and underneath the footpeg holder

Simple to flick down and it stays down !!

Attachments

• 2005_1020_170547AA.JPG
    2005_1020_170547AA.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 2,930
www.schneidersinc.com
has the side stand fixer for $50.00US
takes less than 20 minutes to install!
ssfb.jpg

Kenny said:
This superb sidestand came with my R80G/S..but if anyone knows it's make etc...it will fit a later GS.

Bolts to the rear engine mounting and underneath the footpeg holder

Simple to flick down and it stays down !!
That is the Surefoot Sidestand that Steppers mentions, and as Cookie says they just aren't gettable. Ernie @ Overland Solutions will knock you up a peach of a sidestand for about £120. Luckily the OE one (with a desert foot on it) works fine for me :thumb

i have recently had my man in LA scouring US dealers for something like the surefoot.

still no luck :(

I too have fitted the Schneider mod and it makes life an awful lot easier and using the bike more enjoyable to live with.

Trouble with any mod like this is that it retains the original stand which is made of bendy plasticeen.

Maybe "earlier models" had this problem,but on my '92 and '95 both loaded heavily for touring trips,and too heavy to setup on their center stands never showed any signs of failure.
In fact,only the *center stand* on my '92 had gotten *tweaked* from an over loaded bike, and had to be replaced.
I later learned not to *jerk* :doh the bikeup when using the center stand on a heavily loaded bike. It can also mess up the frame area where the center stand attaches and meets the frame...... :banghead:

That "Kenny stand" looks great, I want one!

Or else, I'll make fifty :D

judge said:
That's the answer, bring it on. It's about time MiGSel Enterprises looked after the Airhead market, would you like my list? :D
Sure, bring it on.

Kenny said:
I have copyright on the name..must be called the 'Kenny Stand' :)
No problem :)

Back
Top Bottom