Panniers

Planning

I am trying to get a feel for the 650GS
To that end,i would be very appreciative of any comments, photos.
What would you like to see in a set of panniers for the 650

Civil,

I'm sure there are a number of guys who would appreciate some of your panniers on their 650GS's. :thumb
I have some information and photo's which I will mail to you on a DVD or CD which could be useful. I'll cut the disk tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

Hope it will help. PB

I'm after some panniers for mine (after I've had another warranty problem fixed :( ). 'Caveman' does some fairly substantial looking ones which I'm considering and I know 'silly moo' has bought. The BM ones look a bit small to me, so any pics people have of theirs would be much appreciated. :thumb

Stuart.

At the moment I use the BMW expandable panniers for the GS range. I basicly use them because they came with the bike. If I were to change mine I would definetly like the substitute frames to be of similarly low profile. If you could make the panniers to use the existing frames and points and not conflict with exhaust cans such as remus and sebrings that would be nice too.

civil, try the chain gang site, dont know how to add a link but they have photos of most of the avaiable systems for the 650 google it
billy

loadsa info

Understatement or wha !

Loadsa info on that page ,
But now over to you lot again , out of what you see on the page
There is Happy trails , T,Tech , Al jesse .
Which would you choose
Why

civil, my personal preference would be for somthing like the jesse,s which fit the shape of the bike a bit like the bmw gear does, also quick release would be benefical if at all possibe. if you were able to do this i would be up for a set :thumb

billy56 said:
civil, my personal preference would be for somthing like the jesse,s which fit the shape of the bike a bit like the bmw gear does

I absolutly agree, The Jesse's are my favorites too, top loading, sturdy mounts if I have one suggestion is to make them slightly smaller to be proportional with the f650 and if possible rounded edges to make them appear more modern and less home made.

If you can meet that spec, I will have two sets from you :clap

Did this go anywhere?

I am currently looking for a set of heavy duty ally cases for mine, as i am planning some major travels soon. I really like the look of the Jesse luggage, but i dont think the frames will fit around my remus exhaust.

Other than that, I was gonna settle for some TT Zega cases, though I'd rather have Caja Sahel :thumb

Any news on a possible product? I'm not going away until July, so not too desperate.

Looking to buy a set of luggage in the next 3 or 4 months. Any more news on this Civil?

Yes Please

Civil

I'm interested,

What am I looking for? Same as above really, Metal, quick relase, size not too wide/big so I cant filter, lockable, makes the tea :rolleyes:

Oh and price

Dont want much do I

Greg

Back
Top Bottom