Gritting in Progress

Butler

Reaction score
Just got home from work on a late shift.
The first 'gritting in Progress' sign this year on the A2....not good.

The kids and I cleaned the pool at the weekend and had our first decent swim...the water was 29 degrees :cool: :cool:

Smug me ???????????

Just been out to the garden, not a 'Black Widow' or a 'Huntsman' in sight, nananananaah :) Yeh, okay, I'm jealous, but gonna be out there for 3 weeks just after Christmas, so keep that sun shining mate :thumb

John

No Black Widows here and Huntsmen aint dangerous they just look really nasty

Saying that part of dewinterising the pool involved spraying the entire area with 'contact spray' in an attempt to keep the area free from Red Backs

Tho in reality having young kids and a pool is far more of a risk than any creepy crawlies you might meet ..... Constant Vigilance !!!

If you are coming out here what you really need to watch out for are the Drop Bears evil little fekkers that have a liking for pommie flesh :eek: :eek:

you must have pool heating then - cos ours is just 23 degrees - a bit too cold yet.

Last week the pool turned green - so i've been learning about pool chemicals and cleaning.

much better now :thumb.

motomartin said:
you must have pool heating then - cos ours is just 23 degrees - a bit too cold yet.

Last week the pool turned green - so i've been learning about pool chemicals and cleaning.

much better now :thumb.

Yup solar - put it in 3 years ago it can get the water to about 35 in full summer if we run it flat out

Sorry I seemed to have hijacked this thread,
Any way you were telling us about the gritters :p :p :p

Is there any way we can block postings from smug Ausssie tossers and their feckin' swimmin' pool stories - I've just gunned it up the M4 - minus Chrsit knows what with self-induced wind chill - both thumbs are without any feeling at all and di*k has taken up residence somewhere near my pancreas.

Oh..some nice lady has just brought me a hot cuppa tea...cheers pet...

6.5 degrees in bournemouth, house temperature 18 degrees, fish pond 20 degrees - misses is not happy :koi :whip

Mikef said:
No Black Widows here and Huntsmen aint dangerous they just look really nasty

Saying that part of dewinterising the pool involved spraying the entire area with 'contact spray' in an attempt to keep the area free from Red Backs

Tho in reality having young kids and a pool is far more of a risk than any creepy crawlies you might meet ..... Constant Vigilance !!!

If you are coming out here what you really need to watch out for are the Drop Bears evil little fekkers that have a liking for pommie flesh :eek: :eek:

What the *uck is a Drop Bear? Can't be all bad if they like pommie flesh :dabone

Er....back to the original post and surely it was good that they were out a'grittin ??

Us bike riders would have been the first to moan if they hadn't and one of us was posting about sliding down the road on our arses after they didn't grit on a night that they were forecasting frost!

I imagine being a manager in charge of that sort of thing is a real damned if you do damned if you don't jobs.....

Definately good they were out grittin'.
I'll out again Tuesday morn at 0500 eek!

Back
Top Bottom